Do I get rid of my HTC desire?

I have had my desire for about a week and i must say, what a phone, i love it. But the battery is terrible. Yes i've conditioned the battery, switch off wifi, bluetooth etc etc, install app killer , with no effect. The battery lasts me only 12-14 hours before it needs a charge. i do about 10 calls - 2-3 min each, 6-8 text day, bit of surfing- about 5-8 min.

Am know considering getting rid and getting something like a Black berry 9700. I know its not an iphone or Desire killer, but still a decent phone and battery will last for ever.

Should i get rid of the desire or hold on to it, until the 2.2 update comes out?? am not sure what to do. this update seems to be take time to come out

Either buy a couple of batteries and charger from ebay or get your old phone back out.

the best 'smart phone' for battery life I ever had (and still own, although I use my iPhone now) was the Samsung Omnia (You can get the Galaxy S now much better, and same OS as the Desire)

the battery on it lasted 3 or 4 days, even with heavy use... I charged it up last week to update the firmware and check it was all still working, and left it on... I came to it yesturday and the battery was on 50%, thats 9 days (with NO use however) and only 50% battery... the phone is 18 months old now too...

I can't recommend Samsung high enough after this.

Either buy a couple of batteries and charger from ebay or get your old phone back out.

This.

You can get a charging cradle thingy with a slot for a spare battery for about £25 off of amazon. Big screens and surfing are always going to be thirsty for battery power. At least the HTC battery is replaceable (unlike Apple's iPhone batt).

I had a Hero before the Desire and on Ebay you could get a higher capacily battery on Ebay. I am wating for them to do the same with the Desire, sure it won't be long.

Yes i have extended battery (2400mah) which does nothing, in fact the original battery seems better, but i've not conditiond the extended battery properly yet.

am going to do more testing and see. I did have app killer on and did have some effect, but need to do further testing.

The galaxy S does seem to be a good replacement and have been offered an early upgrade.

Thanks Guys

Get a nokia 3210 and stop pretending you need all this gadgetry.

The battery lasts me only 12-14 hours before it needs a charge. i do about 10 calls - 2-3 min each, 6-8 text day, bit of surfing- about 5-8 min.

I get between 24 and 36 hours from my Desire and would say my usage is quite a bit more than yours. I only switch things on when I need them and put it in plane mode overnight. I have a spare charger at work and a car charger (£2 each) so I can always charge it when required. I have just gotten used to having to charge it more often than previous phones and don't really find it a problem now.

i have the galaxy s,what a phone.it lasts about 2 days with moderate use.

highly recommended :thumbsup:

I have had my desire for about a week and i must say, what a phone, i love it. But the battery is terrible. Yes i've conditioned the battery, switch off wifi, bluetooth etc etc, install app killer , with no effect. The battery lasts me only 12-14 hours before it needs a charge. i do about 10 calls - 2-3 min each, 6-8 text day, bit of surfing- about 5-8 min.

Am know considering getting rid and getting something like a Black berry 9700. I know its not an iphone or Desire killer, but still a decent phone and battery will last for ever.

Should i get rid of the desire or hold on to it, until the 2.2 update comes out?? am not sure what to do. this update seems to be take time to come out

I sold mine for just that reason. Bought a Samsung Galaxy Portal instead. Inferior phone hardware-wise in nearly every way, but it can last two days with the kind of use that killed my Desire in a few hours!