What's it like living in Walkley?

I must be bored - as I did a quick check on some estate agents - and its cheaper to buy a similar house in Dronfield than it is in Walkley
Similar house to what.

Similar house to what.

I meant similar in respect of.. typing in a three bed terrace or a two bed semi or whatever "similar house" you choose in either Walkley or Dronfield into an Estate Agent website... it may seem strange if you were brought up in an area that your family wanted to to get out of - but those are the areas that different folks now want to now buy...

I meant similar in respect of.. typing in a three bed terrace or a two bed semi or whatever "similar house" you choose in either Walkley or Dronfield into an Estate Agent website... it may seem strange if you were brought up in an area that your family wanted to to get out of - but those are the areas that different folks now want to now buy...

I will take the time to look up your claims, in the mean time let me point out that there are now many ex-council 3 bedroom semis on sale in Dronfield for far less than mine is valued at.

What's the value of your house got to do with it? Are you only claiming that Walkley isn't middle class because that makes you feel like you're better than the people who live there?

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/home-values/browse/walkley/?q=Walkley%2C%20Sheffield

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/browse/dronfield/?q=dronfield

Not that big a difference in average price.

Edited by Cyclone

I moved into Walkley last week and and I love it. I have however noticed a lot of groups of young lads walking around drinking in the day, im hoping this is coinciding with the school holidays but Im not sure this lot would even go to School anyway. Had one unerving incident on Friday, a crazy guy with dreadlocks trying to open my cab door whilst driving up the road and then banging on the back window. Not sure what that was about! Ive sen him walking around a fair bit. Does anyone know anything about this guy? He seemed pretty wired. Apart from that I cant fault it.

I moved into Walkley last week and and I love it. I have however noticed a lot of groups of young lads walking around drinking in the day, im hoping this is coinciding with the school holidays but Im not sure this lot would even go to School anyway. Had one unerving incident on Friday, a crazy guy with dreadlocks trying to open my cab door whilst driving up the road and then banging on the back window. Not sure what that was about! Ive sen him walking around a fair bit. Does anyone know anything about this guy? He seemed pretty wired. Apart from that I cant fault it.

Sadly that's what happens when an area goes from working class to middle class.:D:D:D

What's the value of your house got to do with it? Are you only claiming that Walkley isn't middle class because that makes you feel like you're better than the people who live there?

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/home-values/browse/walkley/?q=Walkley%2C%20Sheffield

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/browse/dronfield/?q=dronfield

Not that big a difference in average price.

Looking at your attached threads the only price comparrisons between Dronfield and Walkley houses are between ex Council Houses in Dronfield and flats IE Pembroke Road in Dronfield, for example the low priced in Apperknowle/Dronfield are in fact ex council houses on council estates.

Strange isn't it that your middle class Walkley houses only just out price Dronfield flats/ex councild houses. Also the only house listed on my road is over £200,000 for a bog standard 3 bed semi

Edited by Bassman62

Looking at your attached threads the only price comparrisons between Dronfield and Walkley houses are between ex Council Houses in Dronfield and flats IE Pembroke Road in Dronfield, for example the low priced in Apperknowle/Dronfield are in fact ex council houses on council estates.

Strange isn't it that your middle class Walkley houses only just out price Dronfield flats/ex councild houses. Also the only house listed on my road is over £200,000 for a bog standard 3 bed semi

it says:

Walkley

Turnover: 16.7%

Avg. house price paid: £194,999

Dronfield

Turnover: 14.3%

Avg. house price paid: £184,938

That is the average house price (not necessarily like for like)

i think walkley is a lovely place to live,sort of out of the way

Out the way of what?

Out the way of what?

Bassman?:wink:

Yeh like a backwater.:hihi: