Who can remember Norfolk Comp School on Craddock road?

LMAO...... I remember when our whole year had a sleep-in just after we went up to the 'seniors'. Of course we crept out about midnight for a wander around, and of course someone said they saw Mrs Duncan (walking over the bridge) :rolleyes:

All those Mrs Duncan stories put an extra edge on going down in to the tunnels though :suspect:

I was one of those who went up to Norfolk in 1990 only to have it close down 2 years later and I had to change schools.

I have very fond memories of the place and remember loads of the teachers mentioned and a few pupils :D Memories of 'The Cookie Monster' :o Lordy could he bellow! His classroom got burnt to the ground sometime around the school closing. Had me wondering... it was so sad to see though.:(

I ended up actually going back to school there after they'd turned the old building into the infants and juniors as my daughter went to it's nursery and reception classes before the whole lot came to close. I did a computer course there which was in the old senior building where the hall is, just up the first flight of stairs. Oh the memories of walking in that reception!! :)

I see the grounds regularly which is basically now just that, grounds. All the buildings have gone bar the 'naughty kids' bit which is next to the canteen area. I saw it all being demolished and it was sad to see it go.

sasbear i also left norfolk comp in 83 was in mr garners form what about you

That's three from '87 now. I know Les, but I'm not sure about you... Give us a clue. Whose class were you in?

I'm never sure the etiquette on these things, how much info you're supposed to give away about yourself.. Anyway my first name is Neil, I was short (still am quite short) with blonde/brown hair. My memory on form tutors is hazy.. I think she was a sports teacher called Mrs Ried. And in the 5th Year, when most people seemed to have stopped attending except for a few of us, she was a youngish woman (although old at the time if that makes sense) with big teeth.

What about you PPN and Les, who are you?

I remember Mr Shaw was wildly eccentric. Throwing board rubbers and having tantrums. My sister and brother who are older than me, have very fond memories of him, but he seemed to be in dispair with all youth by the time we had him.

I remember Mr Wall was a form teacher for our year - really nice hippy type character with a 'slap head'.

I'm very impressed with everyones spelling on this thread to say we all went to Norfolk!

Shhh. The less said about that the better.. :suspect: I think I had about two 'lessons'. The decision to quit was mutual. Besides, spit valves are dirty ;)

Remember Mrs. Duncan, the school ghost? She was apparently beheaded in a train accident and her body was kept under the stage in the hall, or so I was told.

ahhhhhhhhhhh mrs duncan.

the stories used to flitter round the school that she was a big friend of 1st year teacher miss mcgloin and was with her when she either slipped or was pushed under the train. apparently that is why she haunted the school to be near her old friend. I never heard about her being buried under the stage though!!.

and yes vidster, it did make those tunnels seem more appealing lol

do you all remember the toilets on the long corridor in the junior school -

the corridor that overlooks the playground on one side?.

did anyone ever get a cold feeling in there or on the corridor?

How old was that mini bus? :o The old thing was still there in 1990/1991 and I remember the same thing happening on a trip to the ski village! Doors flew straight open and it took two of us to hold them shut all the way back :o :o

Good lord, it just seemed a scream at the time yet it's a wonder we survived LOL!!

Doesn't Mr Pack still work for the mighty Blades? I nearly fell off the sofa when i saw him doing a press conference on TV about the Blades a few years ago :hihi:

I remember Mr Pack taking us out in the minibus all the time. He would take us out to the middle of nowhere (well, Fox House but we didn't know any better then), point to a track and tell us to start running down it and he would meet us at the bottom.

Something that would never happen these days. Just one more good memory our kids will never have :?

How many of you went to Whirlow or Thornbridge Hall with Norfolk?

I hated Whirlow but went to Thornbridge 4 times. I couldn't believe my name kept getting drawn out :D

yes mr pack does still work for sheff utd. he brought phil jagielka to the openening of our shop last week and sometimes comes in for his trophies.

his job is liasion officer to the players. i have a photo of him stood with my dad. hes put some weight on his face since he left norfolk though. im hoping he will do me a write up about his memories of the school so i can put it on here and friends reuinted very soon.

i remember breaking my nose in the old gym and him saying to me "dont worry, we will send the cleaning bill for the floor to your parents!". Apart from supporting the wrong sheffield team i never had a problem with him at all. my favourite teacher of all time.

by the way, does anyone remember Tracy Unwin?.

She left school in 1983 and was best friends with kaye stockholm

she is my sister and asked me to ask around if anyone remembered her.

yes mr pack does still work for sheff utd.

Apart from supporting the wrong sheffield team i never had a problem with him at all. my favourite teacher of all time.

He works for and supports the right team trophyman :P

When i saw him on TV he looked almost skeletal. Glad to hear that he's put weight on :)

He works for and supports the right team trophyman :P

When i saw him on TV he looked almost skeletal. Glad to hear that he's put weight on :)

i showed that picture of him to owlsnut and he didnt even recognise him!

he hasnt changed all that much though