Who can remember Norfolk Comp School on Craddock road?

Hey Vidster ;

Actually the snow is not that bad , one does get used to it . We had over 12 inches last weekend followed by bitter cold temps .

As for the school , yes I know it is the juniors building , but it is the extension that I`m interested in . I can clearly remember handicapped / special needs student there . The play ground is between the juniors building and what was the seniors building .

Thanks for your reply

I am not aware of any extension unless you are talking about the section that we used to do cookery and science in (running parallel to the top play ground).

When i was there, there were no handicapped facilities :?

The small building towards Spring Lane (if this is the one you mean ) was used for school supplied lunches . I can remember getting some pretty awful food there . If you mean the long narrow section on the south (?? ) end of the juniors building , yes that is the one I`m talking about . I remember that even in the 50s they bussed kids into this section . The reason I`m curious is that I knew a young lady that went there , we used to exchange note as we were not allowed to talk to the kids in that area . Again , this was in the 50s and I understand many changes have probably taken place . My curiosity has never abated , always wondered what happened to her .

By the way , if you want to pm your email address to me I will send you some photos of Ontario snow .

Yes, i am talking about the long thin section. I loved the canteen :D I still miss my school lunches now :?

RE: Snow. My friend is taking loads of pictures for us on my forum. Looking at the pictures of him playing on his snowmobile while i'm at work is a bit :( though :hihi:

I`ll have to check out your forum , watch for my name

Wondered why you up so late , at work are you ?

There is one thing I have been trying out , maybe someone on the forum could help . On the south end of the junior building there seems to me there was a special needs school . It would have been towards the seniors building .

Does anyone know the name of this school ? Google earth shows this section of the building pointing towards the new houses that now replaces the seniors building . I have emailed your local authorities who have gradually passed me from one department to another with the last one not responding to my request . Can anyone help ?

this is known as "spring lane college" mr. s ward is the head master, telephone number is,0114 2531988, hope this is what you need

Blimey! This thread has clogged on sinced the last time I saw it!

From previous postings, I remember Shaun Compton, Sean Cramer, Billy Moss, Vidster, Vidster's brother, PPN_2304, Brian Allen, Dean Pinder and most of the others.

I was driving home last night after a crap day in the office when I got to think who I had to thank/blame for my job in IT.

Mr. Gillott (You're in a workshop lad!) was the self appointed IT Guru of the Norfolk teaching staff wasn't he? I remember he ran the 'computer club' at lunchtimes. He'd charge 5p to get Frak! running on your BBC model B because he was 'Saving up for a joystick'. Ah. Those halcyon days...... Come to think of it though, Norfolk played no part in my career whatsoever.

I left Norfolk in '87.

That is a great story about Mr Gillott charging 5p to load 'Frak' as he was saving up for a joystick.

I remember Mr Pack and Mr Smith (the two sports teachers) had an MG sports car each. They were proper 'playa's' of their time.

I remember Shaun Compton and Billy Moss were in my year.

I used to play cricket for a team with Mr Gillott, Mr Reid, Mr Sadler & Mr Humberstone for a few years after leaving. They were nice blokes, lost touch with them now unfortunately.

I`ll have to check out your forum , watch for my name

Wondered why you up so late , at work are you ?

I'm not at work at that time of night, just a trainee night owl :)

Mr. Gillott (You're in a workshop lad!) was the self appointed IT Guru of the Norfolk teaching staff wasn't he? I remember he ran the 'computer club' at lunchtimes. He'd charge 5p to get Frak! running on your BBC model B because he was 'Saving up for a joystick'. Ah. Those halcyon days......

It was Mr Hancock who took us for IT (when we ever had it). He didn't care what anyone was doing except the ones who were on his beloved NRNIMBUS (what sort of name is that) computer. Then you were a 'chosen' one :hihi:

Come to think of it though, Norfolk played no part in my career whatsoever.
Mine neither :? I'm a self employed Joiner now. I think we did woodwork about 30 times in total :rolleyes:

Our 'big un' is an IT tutor now yet he says he never even went on the old BBC's at school :suspect:

Has no-one mentioned Mr. Shaw?

He was deadly accurate with a blackboard rubber, and could jump onto a table from a standing position with both feet together. He must have been in his late sixties....

I'd love to see pics of the old nursery & the infant building ... especially the inside ... memories of the place are fading.

i have a few pictures of the first school during demolition that i might be putting on friends reunited

Les, didn't he teach you the trumpet or the cornet or some such brass whatnot?

Shhh. The less said about that the better.. :suspect: I think I had about two 'lessons'. The decision to quit was mutual. Besides, spit valves are dirty ;)

Remember Mrs. Duncan, the school ghost? She was apparently beheaded in a train accident and her body was kept under the stage in the hall, or so I was told.