Who can remember Norfolk Comp School on Craddock road?

sorry, forgot to post the group link.... lol. bit new to sf.... anyway, take a peak... http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=7032310727

You have some great photos there. Mr Beaumont outside the maths classrooms. He was a top bloke. ETA: And Mr Crozier too.

Edited by Guest

Mr Beaumont was easily the best teacher i had. Luckily he was my form teacher for two years as well. It was always good having Mr Pyle for English. Just set him off telling a story and he never stopped :hihi:

Mr Beaumont was easily the best teacher i had. Luckily he was my form teacher for two years as well. It was always good having Mr Pyle for English. Just set him off telling a story and he never stopped :hihi:

What year did you leave Norfolk?

I left in 1991 :)

Ah, a little after my time then.

I remember Mr Pyle very well indeed, though I don't think he ever taught any of my lessons. As for English teachers, you might recall Mrs Dugdale and Mr Haycock.

I remember both of them yeah. I don't think i was ever in any of their lessons though.

Mr "stop rattling those vices!" Cook used to make me laugh

Mr Dimalow with his crazy ways

Mr Reeves playing tennis every lunch time

Mrs Beresford going into a panic when i destroyed a thermostat in science :blush:

Mr Pack being the girls heart throb

Mr Shackleton. Just how could such a small, quiet man scare so many people?

Mr Spooner was never able to stand still for a minute

Mr Jones.

Mr Sadler dragging me out of a lesson accusing me of stealing something that was never missing :roll:

Mr Cockins (sp. May be even wrong name. I have Cockayne in my head as well) rolling up in his Toyota MR2

Mrs Ross trying to squeeze at least one decent note out of us in drama

Mrs Bagnall teaching us how to cook....something

Mr Gillot teaching us the best way to drill a hole in ourselves

Mrs Moor. I don't think i ever spoke a single word to her in all my time there

Miss Page trying to get a decent picture out of us

Mr Beaumont the best teacher i ever had

Mr Crozier. Never attended a single lesson due to being in Mr Beaumonts.

Mrs Stanley. Another of my form tutors

Mr Pyle. The legend. Probably still has his daughter ironing his shirts

I know i am missing a lot but I'm knocking on now. The old grey matter isn't what it used to be.

I remember all but a couple of those names, plus: Mr Shaw (who tried patiently to teach me how to play the violin); Mr Matthews (an old-school science teacher); Mr Wall (old hippy Geography teacher); Mrs McCluskey, and her fifth year replacement whose name I really should remember as she got me through O Level German; Mr Humberstone (taught art before Mr Cockings); Mr Sadler (English Lit, and, I think, my head of year for a while); Mr Headley (very old-school. Terrifying); Mr Smith (woodwork).

Happy days, for the most part.

Hecate, Mr Matthews is still going strong I was only talking to him and his wife in Sainsburys on Archer Road the other week. He is 88yrs old.

Hecate, Mr Matthews is still going strong I was only talking to him and his wife in Sainsburys on Archer Road the other week. He is 88yrs old.

Well, very best wishes indeed to Mr Matthews! I'm really glad to hear he's still well. He deserves a long and happy retirement after all those years at Norfolk.

Well, very best wishes indeed to Mr Matthews! I'm really glad to hear he's still well. He deserves a long and happy retirement after all those years at Norfolk.

I cant believe Moggi Matthews is still alive and kciking, he taught my sister and she's ancient!

I too, can't believe that 'Moggy Mathews' is still alive, he was the old science teacher when i was there.....and i left in 1961, after going through all my school life there, (nursery & infants on Craddock Rd, juniors on Brimmesfield Rd and then on to the senior school where i came in contact with 'Moggy).