Who can remember Norfolk Comp School on Craddock road?

hello, Big Blue, and welcome to the Forum...

Yes, I'm sorry to say, individually, we are mines of useless information... (and I certainly speak for myself there, if not others! :hihi: ) Collectively, however, it's actually a fantastic resource of local history! hehehe

what connections do you have with Norfolk School ??

Shhh. The less said about that the better.. :suspect: I think I had about two 'lessons'. The decision to quit was mutual. Besides, spit valves are dirty ;)

Remember Mrs. Duncan, the school ghost? She was apparently beheaded in a train accident and her body was kept under the stage in the hall, or so I was told.

Yes i remember mrs Duncan, my mum visited her one morning after she hit me with my busy book around my ear, she died shortly after. Does anyone remember Mr Slee, Mr Rackham (head), Miss Quickfall, Mrs Booth?

his dad is called pete bailey and he used to own a mobile fruit van. pete now works at b & q on queens road. not sure of the guys name you are asking after though.

could be John or Mark Bailey

Yes i remember mrs Duncan, my mum visited her one morning after she hit me with my busy book around my ear, she died shortly after. Does anyone remember Mr Slee, Mr Rackham (head), Miss Quickfall, Mrs Booth?

I remember Mr Rackham and his understudy, deputy head Mr Whittam (better known as 'Curly Whittam')

hi my God mother was the school clerk in the 1960s, her name is Joyce Phillips, does anyone remember her

i went to norfolk left around 1994 or 1995, I remember Mrs Gent (God I hated her) Mrs Whiteley (Still see her now) a few more but couldnt name without looking at my reports. Best school I went too I have to say

I attendend Norfolk school and left in 1976. I remember some of the teachers mentioned earlier, Mr Headly, Mr Beaumont and Mr Pyle. We have a school reunion for our year every 6 months and Mr. Pyle actually came to a couple of them.

About this school ARBOURTHORNE NORTH--CRADOCK ROAD AND OTHER TITLES IT HAS HAD IN ITS LIFE DOES ANY ONE HAVE MEMORIES OF THE 40=50 TIMES

TWO GIRLS KNOWN TO ME WERE THERE FROM 1941 -1952

JUNE HARMSTON AUDRY GODARD BOTH LIVED ON DAGNHM ROAD

I THINK IT WOULD HELP WHEN REPLYING TO REQUEST LIKE

THIS IF PEOPLE PUT IN DATES I HAVE JUST HAD TO READ 192 MESSAGE SEEING IF I COULD FIND ANY THINK FOR THE ABOVE

Harmston, My sister who is very old now, would have been attending there at this time, I will alert her to this thread.

I attended Norfolk School from Nursery in 1960 to fifth form in 1973 -I used to live on Craddock Road bang opposite the school, my mum still does, I left Sheffield 1981 and lost touch with most friends etc although have recontacted a few through FR. I believe my neice under her psuedonym has already posted on this thread too.

I left in 81 and i remember miss quickfall she taught home economics she married mr richmond she was in the juniors i als remember mrs booth she taught woodwork i still have the things i made in her class (how sad is that). i've got a pelican, a dolphin and a dinosaur. there's loads of teachers i remember, but it all merges into one. it's been really good reading this thread. i used to live on brimmesfield opposit the canteen i remember mr williamson the head in juniors. also miss owen later mrs ramsden miss mc gloin she played the queen in 1977 on the silver jubilee celebrations i remember her being carried round the top yard in a chair....

i used to go to norfolk

left in 78/79

good days

anybody else leave the same time

I also attended Norfolk school ,i can remember having Mrs Sissons and Mrs Brown for teachers.I went through the infants then to the juniors i remember Mr Williamson and Miss Mcgloin. Miss Mcgloin was my teacher , i left Norfolk school half way through Miss Mcgloins class to go to Prince Edwards school.