Who can remember Norfolk Comp School on Craddock road?

My brother attended here it closed the year I was meant. 2 start karl heathcote his mates were stephen needem micheal simmons. Darren bland renee loads of others but can't remember em he now got. A beutiful lil girl

I was at Norfolk High as it was called then from 1966 to 1970 I loved it!I remember Mr Riley the science teacher I had such a crush on him.OK the teachers were Mr Thompson the head,Pop ward the maths teacher,Curly Whitham the Deputy head,Mr Everett none of these had any sense of humour at all,Miss Bagnall DS Mr Smith Woodwork Miss Bray art Mr Chapman german Mr Mcdermott PE (died tragically young)Mr Rosenburg,Mr Wright English,Miss Moore (hattie jaques lookie likey)Moggy Matthews Science Mr Gill geography,Mr Naylor Music Mr Dixon history (scary man)

I was at Norfolk High as it was called then from 1966 to 1970 I loved it!I remember Mr Riley the science teacher I had such a crush on him.OK the teachers were Mr Thompson the head,Pop ward the maths teacher,Curly Whitham the Deputy head,Mr Everett none of these had any sense of humour at all,Miss Bagnall DS Mr Smith Woodwork Miss Bray art Mr Chapman german Mr Mcdermott PE (died tragically young)Mr Rosenburg,Mr Wright English,Miss Moore (hattie jaques lookie likey)Moggy Matthews Science Mr Gill geography,Mr Naylor Music Mr Dixon history (scary man)

Sounds like you was at Norfolk the same time as me,

there was a teacher 'French lessons' , Miss .. ?

I can't recall her name.

Sounds like you was at Norfolk the same time as me,

there was a teacher 'French lessons' , Miss .. ?

I can't recall her name.

Grant!

Bonjour mes enfants!

Hello i use to go to norfolk and left easter 1970 my was beryl platts and my gran use to live on northern ave her name was mrs hunter

Edited by esme
reported in error, merged with thread

Has anyone mentioned Mr Reed who used to teach English in the Comp about 85, 86ish, he took over from the previous english teacher who was rumered to have had a breakdown(cant remember her name at the mo) but i know her nickname was the Dragon. Mr Reed was a real big soffty, A top bloke.

I remember her..i am rob cave..left in 84 after a short time..was mates with dale liles(chicken)

Garry smith and a few others..gr8 times when i attended lol

On 20/02/2013 at 21:32, dawn19run said:

I left Norfolk School in 1967 and remember most of the teachers you mention.  Curly took us for history.  Pop Ward was handy at throwing the blackboard rubber and once broke a window when he missed the boy he threw it at.  Our music teacher, can't remember his name, was bald on top and had wild curly hair on the back and sides.  If we could get him to play the piano he would be so engrossed in the music he was oblivious to what we were doing.  Happy days 

On 21/02/2013 at 11:24, me-and-pippo said:

Yes that's her Miss. Grant, thank you.

I remember her, she used to use a riding crop on any of the boys that misbehaved.