Ideas for making Chapeltown a bit better??

An update: next Chap in Bloom working group meeting sat 25th sept, 10am at methodist church by library for quick refreshments then get going. McDonalds donating lots of their staff to spend a couple of hours too, so we should get some good stuff done. I am even going to take some home-made cake - come join us! (chapeltowninbloom@hotmail.co.uk)

Can I just say, despite my previous email, that any action like is is to be thoroughly commended.

Maybe sort all the litter into piles and return to their origin and dump them in the chipppy, KFC etc.

A better option would be to put it in the front gardens of those who dumped it in the street. Edited by the_rudeboy

A better option would be to put it in the front gardens of those who dumped it in the street.

Very difficult to track and monitor though.

Very difficult to track and monitor though.

Obviously my post was a little tongue in cheek. But it would be a little unfair on vendors of take-away food, to expect them to deal with rubbish dumped by a few of their (scrubber) customers.

Obviously my post was a little tongue in cheek. But it would be a little unfair on vendors of take-away food, to expect them to deal with rubbish dumped by a few of their (scrubber) customers.

I disagree, all food vendors should be made responsible for their waste up to a certain exclusions zone! Obviously they can't scour the whole of Chapeltown, but they should cover a mile / 500m radius or so.

I disagree, all food vendors should be made responsible for their waste up to a certain exclusions zone! Obviously they can't scour the whole of Chapeltown, but they should cover a mile / 500m radius or so.
Surely it becomes the waste of the customer once the transaction has taken place?

Currently yes, but in order to improve things my suggestion would go some way to addressing the problem.

Currently yes, but in order to improve things my suggestion would go some way to addressing the problem.
But all it would do was to push prices up for all, the innocent majority included. And you couldn't just stop at take-away food places either, what about off licences and supermarkets, are they to be responsible for empty beer cans?

But all it would do was to push prices up for all, the innocent majority included. And you couldn't just stop at take-away food places either, what about off licences and supermarkets, are they to be responsible for empty beer cans?

Everyone should be responsible for everything!

your thinking of stocksbridge you knob!

I was gonna say,cus ive lived there for 20yrs and ive never shagged any of my relatives.