Visiting the past and how life is too short - has anyone else felt this way

Originally posted by LordChaverly

An inspiration to Ron Hubbard? Now that's some recommendation - wow!

Trust me, You share my distaste for hubbard. The remark was intended to acknowledge Crowley's craven megalomania, hence the "...but".

:)

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

It's a given that he was an ardent self publicist, and an inspiration to L.Ron.Hubbard, but at the same time he was an extremely lucid intuitive psychologist.

Pretty good at yoga too, or so I am told.

Originally posted by Dragon

Possibly jaded memory there Lordchaverly?

You continue to show you have little understanding of Crowleys writings. In occult circles at he very least - his works are held in the same light as those of Cornelius Agrippa; solomon and so on.

The book of the law covers every aspect of life and then some. Its depth is way beyond what most people understand, which is the whole intention of the book. He talks about his feelings concerning love - real love - and anger, rage, upset, war, famine, religion - and so much more - all in that tiny book.

Are you sure you read it?

Hmmmmm! Ponders!

Dragon

Possibly very jaded memory I will agree. What I do know is that nothing I read of Crowley's encouraged me to ever want to read him again - in contrast to many other authors I can think of. As far as his esteem in 'occult circles' is concerned, well since I regard the occult as complete nonsense, I am hardly likely to be impressed by this either. His reputation in literary circles - correct me if I'm wrong - is zilch.

Those same literary folk who acclaim the works of Shakespeare? Well - fair enough. You have your point of view and I have mine. That is what makes the world turn.

Dragon

Guest Ant
Originally posted by Dragon

Those same literary folk who acclaim the works of Shakespeare? Well - fair enough. You have your point of view and I have mine. That is what makes the world turn.

Dragon

You can hardly compare Crowley to Shakespeare. The latter is unsurpassed in his mastery of the English language, the former wrote as a child imitating the style of the King James bible.

Getting back to the theme of the thread- yes, life does seem too short sometimes. I suppose it is all down to our perception of time and general temperament, state of mind and circumstances. I am a happy person who enjoys life, and for me there simply isn't enough time to do everything I want to, see everything and everyone I wish to etc. I can imagine that time, indeed life itself, must drag for those less fortunate.

We can revisit the past and make amends for wrongdoings in some cases. Of course, it is not always possible, but occasionally the opportunity presents itself. In my case, I have been able to 'heal a situation' with a rival/enemy of my youth through Sheffield Forum. I would never reveal the identity of the poster, but he and I are now on very good terms and able [in his words] to 'put the past into perspective'. We both felt glad to be able to apologise to each other, and to move forward in a positive direction. At last, we understood each other, and realised how really very similar we both were as youths. He has turned into a gifted, clever, kind man. I sincerely hope that his opinion of me is now more favourable too.

Regrets Ive had a few, but then again to few to mention: I did what I had to do, and saw it through without exemption.

Originally posted by pattricia

Regrets Ive had a few, but then again to few to mention: I did what I had to do, and saw it through without exemption.

I didn't realise it was forum karaoke night. OK, I'll finish off then.

I did it maaeeey waaaaaeeeeyyyyyyyyyy.........

I can do 'Fat bottomed girls', but then again what red-blooded male can't?

Guest Ant

I've been seen doing Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer by many of my friends.

yeah...sure i think i knew how it felt..ya noe..

well...it doesn't mean that ya can forget all the other things in life...i mean, come 2 think of it //there's still zillions of other ppl who would've shared the same feeling as ya did:

trust me ya should talked 2 them..

ya never noe ya might something that interests urself

:thumbsup:

I went and visited part of my past today... went back to the place I lived at for about **gets pen and paper out** 13 years, it was my first job as well, left school at the tender age of 15 **aww** and worked there for only a year but lived at the place for about 13 years, it was my school days home, and when we all left **Family** in 1981 it was the turning point of my life, living on a Farm (Whirlow Hall Farm) was a bit remote. I was actually shy, LOL

IT was very emotional today, the place was sooo quiet and could remember what I did there, and today was my first visit there for 24 years.

I certainly wouldnt relive my time in newcastle either, it wasnt a mistake it just wasnt right for me, hence I came back to my roots **Sheffield** and then met this place, and starting to meet some nice people off here.

Oh those were the days,. would I go back and re-live anything .. answer NO, some were mistakes and not doing them again, I look towards the future. Plus also cannot believe how quick time is passing by.

As many know I was involved in an incident involving knives and other injury potent weapons many moons ago..

I've often gone back to where my life changed all those years ago, the memories aren't so great but that was the point my life changed and I don't think it does any harm to be reminded how quickly things can change.

I can sit for hours just thinking back to these low lives tried to finish me off and how they've made the person I am today. Strong, Independant and annoying to some :P

Ah well, thats me piece said :D