What is the highest level of sport you've played at?

Just wondered if anyone ever played at a decent level at their particular sport or maybe or your best sporting moment.

I play rugby for Sheffield rufc at Abbeydale, i'd say were pretty good 2 years ago we got to the semi final of the yorkshire cup which is quite good as the rfu classes yorkshire as, as far up as middlesbrough. So ther are plenty of good teams competing. We should have beat them but did'nt perform on the day, there winger played for england at our age group, he was a bit good.

Originally posted by Craig7777

once played rounders on an hill that was at an high level

LMAO

Played for Eastern Counties (Essex, Suffolk, Cambs, Norfolk) at rugby union and had a trial for London and the South East - at which point it became clear that I wasn't quite the man mountain required to compete in the back row at that level.

Haven't played a single game since I left uni in 1999 and occassionally get the itch. Bearing in mind my now appalling fitness level, can anyone recommend a union club in Sheffield?

I once competed in the 'All Sheffield Judo Chamionships'. If it sounds impressive or grand, it wasn't, but that's the only time i've really competed (although you never know, that might change).

County long distance running as a youth :gag:

I won the under 16's British Aggressive Inline Skating Championchips when I was 13.

I've sparred with the World & European Thai Boxing Champion. (And no I didn't manage to knock him out).

And win every time in a heavy weight drinking match :P

I was the London "cubs" chess champion when I was about 8. Does that count as a sport?

I've competed at City Level in a school cross country team :) We won as well.

Other than that, just inter-school competitions.

used to do showjumping before dobbin got too old. We were rather good at one point.

Played cricket for Liverpool CC in the Merseyside Youth Cricket League. I had a trial for Lancashire when I was 13 but I'm afraid I wasn't up to requirements:sad: By the age of 17 discovered the delights of beer and women and it all fell by the wayside.

Come to think of it I was actually quite a late starter because most of my contemporaries had had their 'first trial' well before the age of 13!:hihi:

I signed a scholarship a few years ago with sheffield wednesday when they was in the premier ship. I made a couple of reserve team appearences, but that was as far as i got.

sorry try about 6 years ago when i signed haha. God it was a while back now!