Pink estate agents

We used Pinks to sell our house at Southey. The valuation was a little lower than Blundells. We put ours up for Blundells price with Pinks. Sold it to the first viewer. I would reccomend Pinks. However if you take a walk round your area you will see which estate agents are been used and more importantly who's selling the most. As in everything always get more than 1 quote / Valuation

Not used them, but we had our house valued by four E/A's - three came in at £140k, Pinks valued it at £130k, laughed at the other valuations and said we wouldn't get any more. We sold it a week later for more than £140k. Might be more experienced in other areas than ours though, other sellers seem quite happy with them.

Our house has been up for sale with Pinks for over a year now with only around 5 viewings. We never hear from anyone in the office and wish we hadn't paid up front as I would have taken it off and put it on with another estate agents. In my opinion I think they would work harder in selling your property if you pay extra after the property's sold. That is just our experience though. Our house is quite big and having looked I think the smaller properties are selling quicker.

Our house has been up for sale with Pinks for over a year now with only around 5 viewings. We never hear from anyone in the office and wish we hadn't paid up front as I would have taken it off and put it on with another estate agents. In my opinion I think they would work harder in selling your property if you pay extra after the property's sold. That is just our experience though. Our house is quite big and having looked I think the smaller properties are selling quicker.

Maybe, but maybe you're being a little harsh. If your house is on right move and the other online portals, and you've only had 5 viewings, is that the estate agents fault or could it be your house or the price.

I've no experience personally of pinks estate agents, I work in conveyancing and have never come across them??? though I have heard of the company. Personally I used JMC based at Hackenthorpe, this was after my sister used the same agents and had a great experience. They kept me fully updated, and chased things up when I asked, but didn't harass anyone in the chain (agents chasing every other day to try to get their targets by the end of the month can be as damaging as them not chasing at all, I've experienced through work their scare tactics trying to push things through, i.e. someone further down the chain is going to pull out if you don't exchange by X day, which the lead to the chain falling apart as you can only push people so far).

It cost, I think from memory (about 2 yrs ago) approx £300 upfront, I dealt with Colin primarily. Also re EPC's, don't as a general rule do these through the agents, they stick their own admin costs on, I used Howard Betteridge, think at the time it was £45 inc VAT.

Having said that, if your property was at the upper end of the market, I think it's best to go for the less bargain option and go with a more 'traditional' estate agent.

Edited by babyalex1

Any more experiences of Pinks please??? thanks

Sent them an E Mail reference a valuation never heard anything back so on to the next one.