I dont know how older people can carry box full of papers as very heavy

Blue bin is now 9/10ths empty

Much better to use blue bin for papers

Do others agree??

As already posted several times.

If people are unable to carry the paper boxes due to age or infirmity,they

will be collected by the operatives .Just as the black bins have ever

since they first appeared.

I saw the size of the blue boxes for the first time yesterday. I had no idea they were so small! I take 15 papers a week plus cereal boxes etc, and the new box I am sure won't hold all that. (what do I do with the overspill, bin it?Rather defeats the object) Plus I had a major surgery on my broken shoulder and can't lift, what do I do about getting it from the back of the house to the front? Would have made more sense to do it the other way round, but hey, this wonderful council........................! Just a thought, are they going to collect weeky/fortnightly/monthly?

We were the first area to receive the blue boxes, i can honestly say it has not changed my life, I wake up in a morning stretch my elbows and if I don't feel wood, then I'm ok for another day.

I've even found that I have more room in my black bin now, without having sneak around filling my neighbors bins the night before.

It's certainly a better way than it was.

I cant wait until we get our boxes so we dont have to do this! My neighbours tell me off!!

I keep the box on top of the blue bin, that way I can wheel them out together easily.

I wouldn't have room for two blue bins so a box on top of the bin is much better for me.

At the end of the day if you don't like it you don't have to use it.

But that means you will have to lift the box off the blue bin every time you want to put something in - and then back again of course. And it's heavy when full of paper.

well i can't wait until the council adopts as a pay per waste scheme for your refuse as part of the councuil tax so the more you throw away in the non recyclable black bin the more you pay.

this way people who couldn't care less will pay more for their waste and then they might finally start to change their ways, if i were you i'd start saving!

Or everyone could do what Homer did in the Simpsons when they didn't collect his rubbish.:hihi:

What happened to the original plan of issuing 3 green hessian bags for garden waste with an option to purchase 3 more? No mention of this now on the veolia website and we are still using the green plastic bags, hardly a good example of sustainability!

Well there is no way I am cramming all the hedge cuttings off my conifers in hessian bags they go in the green bin and if that goes then it is going in the black bin, after all it will rot into the ground.

why give us little blue boxes, there isnt much room in them!

why give us little blue boxes, there isnt much room in them!

Because as already mentioned, many people stated that they didn't have room for another wheeled bin. After two collections in your area, if you find that you require a second box, you may request a second box.

It's great for me, less messing around carting my trailer with bottles and cans behind me.

The only issue I have had so far is with people leaving them smack bang in the middle of the pavement

I have far more paper and card than plastic and bottles (though I do my best with the latter) so think that the balance is wrong

I didn't think the blue box would be big enough but so far it's been more than adequate :)

The councils recycling bins are a joke!

I think this as the council only take some kinds of recycling and not others so we would have to sort it out for items for the council to take and then take the rest to a recycling point anyway.

So in the end we only use our black bin as we find it easier to go to Tesco’s and do all our recycling in one drop there once a week rather then sorting it out twice.

Sorry I’m quite tired so I hope this makes sense!