Blue Paper Box Rant

So then.. we have finally got the different bins and boxes for recycling.

So I load the allocated blue box with paper and card- a little over the line and as the paper is slightly damp I decide not to put the blue cover over hopeing it'll dry a little in the sun.

Look out of the window some time later to find that the collection lorry has been and everyone elses blue boxes are empty - bar mine!

What have i done wrong?!

Have you rang them asked?

I'd assume they'd probably have a better idea than us.

Just use your black bin, phone them and tel lthem to pick up the blue box as you do not require it. If they want to recycle then they can take and sort it themselvs.

I had probs with them bothering to turn up for the blue bins a year or so ago. I had them collect it perminently. I just have my black bin and when the other bins come in, I shall refuse them.

The box things are a joke. We don't use it.

They still haven't provided us with one. Couldn't be bothered to walk up the path or something, since most of the neighbours have one (just 2 of us without). We've already phoned them once and asked and still no sign of it.

Got my blue bin and box and think they're great, so much easier than taking the recycling to the supermarket myself, don't see why everyone moans all the time.

Got my blue bin and box and think they're great, so much easier than taking the recycling to the supermarket myself, don't see why everyone moans all the time.

this is sheffield forums, expect nothing else than a daily moan by someone about something!

Just use your black bin, phone them and tel lthem to pick up the blue box as you do not require it. If they want to recycle then they can take and sort it themselvs.

I had probs with them bothering to turn up for the blue bins a year or so ago. I had them collect it perminently. I just have my black bin and when the other bins come in, I shall refuse them.

Nice that you are doing your little bit to help reduce waste.

:rolleyes:

why dont you do what most people do, if you don't use the bins and boxes provide, then you should take responsibility and recycle yourself.

nice to see you are doing your bit for planet earth! :roll:

Doing your bit for planet earth? lol

When it's taken away, it's now all just stored in huge warehouses, as the price of waste has fallen rapidly over the last few years (it was being exported to be 'recycled' - carbon footprint anyone?)

This has nothing to do with the environment, it's to do with profit.

If you really want to stop throwing away so much packaging etc, leave it at the supermarket, or better yet, don't use a supermarket.

Doing your bit for planet earth? lol

When it's taken away, it's now all just stored in huge warehouses, as the price of waste has fallen rapidly over the last few years (it was being exported to be 'recycled' - carbon footprint anyone?)

This has nothing to do with the environment, it's to do with profit.

ok. yes. :hihi:

Glad you like them. Clearly you have a home that has space for a large blue box, are healthy enough to be able to lift a large box full of paper and haven't had every box on your street stolen?

The first one is the reason why I don't like them. My flat doesn't have any room to put the boxes and unlike the blue bins they can't be left outside.

The second one applies to my parents, both retired and with various medical reasons why they can't carry a heavy box to the bottom of their drive.

The last has happened to my sister and her neighbours. They put their boxes out and someone came along and stole them all, either because they wanted all the paperwork that was left out or they really wanted a load of free storage containers.

/moan :hihi: