New to camping need a bit of help

hi i just bought some camping gear so im after some advice im looking for some campsites in sheffield are or castleton not to far as i dont drive and using public transport and also has to be dog friendly and close to a river as ive just started fly fishing to so fancy giving it a go while camping kill 2 birds with one stone if any body can help i will be greatfull thanks

hi i just bought some camping gear so im after some advice im looking for some campsites in sheffield are or castleton not to far as i dont drive and using public transport and also has to be dog friendly and close to a river as ive just started fly fishing to so fancy giving it a go while camping kill 2 birds with one stone if any body can help i will be greatfull thanks

There are a couple of nices sites at Edale which is only a cheap, short train journey away. There's a river running through the Fieldhead site, but I don't think you can fish it.

There is hardhurst farm and laneside campsites in hope,both are within walking distance of hope railway station.

The river derwent runs through the area but im not sure about any day ticket stretches.

for more info on both campsites look on uk campsite which has reviews and directions,hope this helps.

Jon.

Also there is the duke william at starkholmes,just above matlock.This is also easy enough to get to by either train or bus and i know that the derwent in parts of matlock is fishable on a day ticket.Fished it a couple of times myself and you can have grayling and trout crawling up your rod!!!!!

Try Hayfield, just spent a week there walking, stunning spot, good pubs and a river. :)

There is hardhurst farm and laneside campsites in hope,both are within walking distance of hope railway station.

The river derwent runs through the area but im not sure about any day ticket stretches.

for more info on both campsites look on uk campsite which has reviews and directions,hope this helps.

Jon.

id say this too ive camped here really good site :thumbsup:

Jon.

Stopped at both - enjoyed em both

Hardhurst has to be my favourite site at the moment. Not only are (most) of the facilities nice and clean, but its literally a 2 minute walk to the Travellers Rest pub :love:

Laneside is usually a lot more busier, and i would think that in this time of the year it would be packed, especially for tenters