Htc dream/google g1 unlock

Does anyone know weather one of these can be unlocked for free at all?

I've heard t mobile can supply the code for you but you have to have been with them for 6 months,and I haven't....any help much appreciated

Edited by sidbobs

you can root them.....

have a look on xda forums.

you can root them.....

have a look on xda forums.

If i was to root the device....does that remove the sim lock?

If i was to root the device....does that remove the sim lock?

it can do.

I havent look to much into it at the mo but have a peek at your specific phone and it will give you all the info you need if you do decide to root

it can do.

I havent look to much into it at the mo but have a peek at your specific phone and it will give you all the info you need if you do decide to root

well i think i will be rooting the phone anyway...would be a bonus if it removed the sim lock too :)

After a bit of reading it seems that it can only be unlocked by using a code, so next question.....anyone know of an online store that could do this that they have used before?

After a bit of reading it seems that it can only be unlocked by using a code, so next question.....anyone know of an online store that could do this that they have used before?

so it seems...

you could always ring your provider, ask for the code and say you are going abroad for a bit and want to use the phone over there

Go down the markets. On most the bigger ones there is a mobile phone stall which will have the bits and codes to do this.

EBay £4.99 did mine off there

do you have a link for the seller by any chance? (should be in your feedback)

So you’re looking to unlock your phone and enable it to use any Sim card. Try with this link cellunlocker.net I hope it may help you.