Retro Chocolate Covered Mint/Orange Bars

Oh they were awesome, if we're thinking of the same thing.

It was a bit like a the texture of crunchie inside but mint/orange flavoured and thin crap dark chocolate covering it.:love:

I wonder if it was an Aero bar ? They did orange and mint.

Have still seen mint bars around but not the Orange for a while.

I think I know what you mean I used to sell them in sweet shop in 70s like a mint flavour honeycomb covered in chocolate, but for the life of me I can't rememeber name sorry

Oh they were awesome, if we're thinking of the same thing.

It was a bit like a the texture of crunchie inside but mint/orange flavoured and thin crap dark chocolate covering it.:love:

your thinking of the right bar, can you remember the name ?

I think I know what you mean I used to sell them in sweet shop in 70s like a mint flavour honeycomb covered in chocolate, but for the life of me I can't rememeber name sorry

Try harder lol ! It's driving me nut's, if I can get a name I may be able to purchase some ?

I'm with OOmpa - I think it was mint cracknell.

http://www.wwwk.co.uk/culture/sweets/mint-cracknell.htm

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/mtype2/whatever/archives/mint_cracknell/

Apparently this is quite similar:

http://www.chocablog.com/misc/nestle-peppermint-crisp/

Edited by TrashyBook
Added peppermint crisp link

I know the ones you are on about, it's one that's bugged me for about 5 years, I was just actually googling again when I come across this forum.

It's not an areo, crunchie, cracknell, fry's etc, it's exactly as explained.

It was about 8 inches long (if truth be told looked like a log/"number 2"), a thin layer of chocolate and it was a very pale green almost white inside peppermint tasting meringue (just slightly softer than honeycomb), solid not shards or lumps or any of the above, just one long length coated in milk chocolate.

If I remember correctly it was in a white shiny plastic wrapper.

Someone put us out of our misery!

i know the ones you are on about, it's one that's bugged me for about 5 years, i was just actually googling again when i come across this forum.

It's not an areo, crunchie, cracknell, fry's etc, it's exactly as explained.

It was about 8 inches long (if truth be told looked like a log/"number 2"), a thin layer of chocolate and it was a very pale green almost white inside peppermint tasting meringue (just slightly softer than honeycomb), solid not shards or lumps or any of the above, just one long length coated in milk chocolate.

If i remember correctly it was in a white shiny plastic wrapper.

Someone put us out of our misery!

here here lol ;)

Yum I remember these bars too but can't remember the name. They were quite cheap but lovely, and on sale in the early 80s.

Might have a friend who remembers them so I'll ask her.

I used to love terrys bitz bars, especially the cherry ones.

your thinking of the right bar, can you remember the name ?

I can't sorry, I've asked my mates the other night, they remember them but not the name either. They used to have them in strawberry flavour as well. They sold them IN Jack's sasparilla bar on Langsett road.

Fear not though, I have a bee in my bonnet, I WILL find out the name of them.

Edited by foxforcefive

Wasn't it from Needlers? Needlers Mint/Orange Crisp Bar? Hell, I'm showing my age.

Needler's chocolate! I was in the same class at primary school in Hull with the heir to the Needlers empire. I think the company folded before he could take his place at the helm of the family company.

Needlers chocolate was always a bit crap as the gaps between the squares were bigger than the squares themselves, so something of a rip off. They did have some interesting flavours though like lime and raspberry.

I have been searching and asking for years, no one knows the name of these bars!!!!Defo not the mint cracknel, that had two thin pieces of really thin mint covered in chocolate. It was like a log with a flat bottom. Someone must know.