Still searching for a boxercise or similar class - Centralish

Can't believe this is hard to find. Must be me. Can't get to Handsworth easily or would deffo have gone for this authentic sounding one.

Centralish location important - I live in Bents Green and although um "between jobs" at the moment, will end up working central ham sure.

Noticed the one in Crookes run started by the council packed in because of lack of interest. Perhaps aiming your activity at unfit 45+ people in a student area not a good pitch.

Whatever....ham for the record a 53 yr old fittish bloke regular fell walker/jogger, weight train at Don Valley, but looking for something to develop/maintain (ha!) speed and co-ordination.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi I know that ponds forge do a thai bo class on a wed night i think. Might be what you're looking for

Breadfruit

get yerself down to Knox boxing gym on Sydney street behind decathlon in town centre, every night of the week from 5pm to 7pm. Its lots of exercise and bag work for all levels, absolutely no pressure to get in the ring but you can if you like. Friendly bunch of people, run by Steve, top bloke, will make ya feel welcome. Great training and best thing ya can do in my opinion to keep fit, its awesome. Tuesday nights he does a ton of exercise followed by a circuit on the bags (very much like boxercise) followed by more exercise and then if ya can manage it, ya can walk home ! £3 for 2 hours punishment. Brilliant. Give him a ring, number on here somewhere if ya search or just turn up and have a go or watch a session. Its a real mix of people, ya wont feel uncomfortable. All the best.

Hey Ratty thanks that looks just the ticket. I shall get turned into sausage meat for sure:))))))

definatly think knox boxing gym is what your lookong for both tues and thurs and sat morning sessions are boxing circuits (similar to circuit training but boxing orientated exercises) ask for steve

tell him Ollie sent you and he will make you do extra work for sure ! ha ha ha

Boxercise classes at King Edwards Community Sports Centre on Friday nights, other days to follow in September see our website for more details.....

http://www.active8-sheffield.com

Edited by facilities
add further detail