Ps3 games advice

So im happy to say ive finally got myself a ps3 aswell as my xbox 360 anyway the reason i write this thread is to ask if anyone has any of the following games and let me know what you think of them as im thinking of buying them.

1 Need For Speed SHIFT- I have read reviews on this and it seems to be ace but i dont tend to trust reviews from other sites because ive looked at something and its said its ace so i bought it and it turned out to be rubbish.

2 Robert Lidlums Bourne supremacy/conspiracy- i know nothing about this.

3 Eat Lead- i know nothing about this.

4 Colin Mcrae Dirt- i know nothing about this.

5 Need For Speed Pro-street- i know nothing about this.

If anyone has any of these or any other good ps3 games you believe i might like get in touch i have got fifa 2010 for swaps not the south africa edition just the normal 2010.

The Bourne game is ace.

Eat Lead is worth getting if it's cheap.

Pro Street is decent.

All the games you list are also available on 360, and the 360 versions are often better. I'd suggest to make the most of your PS3, get the platform exclusives such as Heavy Rain, MotorStorm, Uncharted 1/2, MAG, Yakuza, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Demon's Souls, Resistance, Killzone 2, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Metal Gear Solid 4, Joe Danger, WipeOut HD, God of War, Little Big Planet, Pain, Warhawk ... etc etc :)

In turns of racing games I much prefer the Codemasters games to the Need for speed series. Dirt/Dirt2 are good as well as Grid.

Other good games to check out:

Infamous, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Borderlands, Batman, Red Dead Redemption.

thanks for your comments

Ive tried Grid and if im honest i thought it was absolutely garbage i wish it was good because it looks good but just isn't.

I have tried COD MW2 and to be honest i thought its ok for a quick laugh with the lads but other then that i wouldn't be happy with paying a decent price because i dont think its as brilliant as its made out to be. But i just think its personal preference.

In turns of racing games I much prefer the Codemasters games to the Need for speed series. Dirt/Dirt2 are good as well as Grid.

Other good games to check out:

Infamous, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Borderlands, Batman, Red Dead Redemption.

thanks for your comments

Ive tried Grid and if im honest i thought it was absolutely garbage i wish it was good because it looks good but just isn't.

I thought the same. It looked amazing on the trailer I saw but I got the demo, and while it still looked amazing it was dull as ditchwater to play. I suspect NFS Shift is the same.

Just my opinion, I've always preferred arcade style racers over simulations. Enjoyed PGR and Forza though.

I thought the same. It looked amazing on the trailer I saw but I got the demo, and while it still looked amazing it was dull as ditchwater to play. I suspect NFS Shift is the same.

Just my opinion, I've always preferred arcade style racers over simulations. Enjoyed PGR and Forza though.

Yes thats exactly what i thought i watched the trailers and i thought woah i played the game and i thought woah again simply on the basis that it isn't as good as it looks but i really think its a game of personal preference reason being i played mercenaries 2 and i absolutely loved it but considering the graphics of MW2 mercenaries is garbage.

In terms of PGR oh my days that is what i can only describe as a disgrace to all formats ie xbox 360, what idiot thought that would be a best seller? if you like it fair enough but personally i wouln't have it for 50p. Forza 3 though oh my god that is gaming heaven. that is a reward sent to us by the gods of games

Yes thats exactly what i thought i watched the trailers and i thought woah i played the game and i thought woah again simply on the basis that it isn't as good as it looks but i really think its a game of personal preference reason being i played mercenaries 2 and i absolutely loved it but considering the graphics of MW2 mercenaries is garbage.

In terms of PGR oh my days that is what i can only describe as a disgrace to all formats ie xbox 360, what idiot thought that would be a best seller? if you like it fair enough but personally i wouln't have it for 50p. Forza 3 though oh my god that is gaming heaven. that is a reward sent to us by the gods of games

Heheh, been playing PGR since it was MSR on the Dreamcast. Got Mercenaries 2 on my yet to play pile, will have to give it a go.

lol, GRID's about as arcade as it gets tbh! You wanna try the GTR series on PC :D

Anyway in terms of PS3 games, There's three I can thouroughly reccomend:

Heavy Rain: one of teh only games I've actually cared about the characters, and almost cried at tbh.

Uncharted 2: A real masterpiece of gaming, stunning story, characters, graphics, everything. It hasn't won the most E3 awards ever for nothing lol.

Killzone 2: Actually only got this myslef last weekend but it's very good, and certainly worth it. I picked mine up preowned for £10 from Game :D

Also:

GT5 Prologue: I know everyone says it's a rip off paying for what is essentially a demo but hell you get like 75 cars, which is more than most racing games out there. Plus the gfx are the best I've ever seen (and I've played a lot of games lol). I just can't wait for teh full release! 1000+ cars, and the top gear test track :o

Uncharted 1: obviously not a bad idea to play it before Uncharted 2, wasn't quite as good as the sequel but still an epic game.

EyePet: Awww! teh cuteh!

lol, GRID's about as arcade as it gets tbh! You wanna try the GTR series on PC :D

Heavy Rain: one of teh only games I've actually cared about the characters, and almost cried at tbh.

Uncharted 2: A real masterpiece of gaming, stunning story, characters, graphics, everything. It hasn't won the most E3 awards ever for nothing lol.

Killzone 2: Actually only got this myslef last weekend but it's very good, and certainly worth it. I picked mine up preowned for £10 from Game :D

Also:

GT5 Prologue: I know everyone says it's a rip off paying for what is essentially a demo but hell you get like 75 cars, which is more than most racing games out there. Plus the gfx are the best I've ever seen (and I've played a lot of games lol). I just can't wait for teh full release! 1000+ cars, and the top gear test track :o

Uncharted 1: obviously not a bad idea to play it before Uncharted 2, wasn't quite as good as the sequel but still an epic game.

Killzone 3 and turismo 5 are going to be in 3D too. Should be good

Grid really is arcadey its something you would be happy to have one go on in skeggy arcades but you would never want to buy the game.

You have nearly cried at a game? jesus that must be immense think ill have a look at that.

Uncharted 2 i have been looking at that ive seen a few screen shots and it looks immense i haven't played charted 1 but from what you have just said i think these are defo must haves.

GT5 pro-logue i was going to get that but i read some reviews on it and basically it just said that it was rubbish and somewhat a rip off which for what is essentially a demo is abit well true but from your comment 75 cars is worth getting till i upgrade to the full version of GT5 could you pm me a list of cars and tracks on pro-logue.

And the top gear test track?? GET IN! as hammond would say YES!!! ive been waiting for a game to do the track on and the gods of gaming has finally dropped us a little treat.

Also:

any reviewer calling a game "ace" should not be trusted :hihi: