Metal sheds are they any good?

Eighup SHYTOT ..I had an 8 x 10 .( got in 1992 ) it was great , very secure , i put it on a flag floor and it had 'Coach Bolts ' in the corners , so you could Drill through the Brackets and secure it to the floor ( stops it moving in Strong Winds , also stops Thieves from lifting it up and getting inside ) ..I took it down 18 months ago as i had a Garage Put up ..I took the Metal one down and took it to my Sister - in Laws .It's still there and looks as good as it did almost 19 years ago ...:thumbsup:

I screwed mine down with loads of long screws into rawl plugs in the flags and poured a load of mastic around the base. I am well pleased so far. It seems very solid particularly after I added a bit of internal woodwork. Its just a bit noisy inside when it rains.

lot of crp talked about metal sheds,i bought a 10x13 from argos .dont for get to use dps plastic sheet before you pour the concrete base ,otherwise it will draw condensation ,get a warm day and paint it with floor paint

thing is they condensate very badly , i tried a lot of things in the end i bought 10 sheets of correx [same stuff they make for sale signs out of for estate agents ,size wise i bought 39x40 ins=10 sheets in white then i got 3 cans of spray adheasive from toolstation ,and 1 stanly knife

step one make sure when you start that the roof is warm then skin up the roof ,

2/ tool station again ,buy 2 air vents ,the ones they use for cooker hood extractors ,that fit on the outside of the wall,take out the plastic flap inside

cut a hole inthe front and rear apex and fit vents i used a rotary cutter .

dont try and be smart and start blocking up the vents in the top and bottom pannels you will make the condensation worse.

i now have a shed that is dryer than a nuns gusset ,i have just checked it this morning opened the doors and the roof and sides i am well pleased .

Metals sheds are pretty useless, they are simply not secure, have blown over wrecking the contents, they rust, are prone to noise and condensation. I would recommend the environmentally friendly TPR synthetic concrete sheds which are the only shed approved by Secured by Design. With an expected lifetime of over 80 years the walls are lighter and tougher than conventional concrete, whilst the roof has an anti-condensation barrier and galvanised steel mesh for added security. Call me on 07974695821 if you would like more information.

Cheers, Mike

:)

If you don't make them secure then you will have issues like some on here whether wood or metal. Assemble them properly using decent bolts and fasten them to the floor, few vent holes should prevent condensation and lining would be good idea with metal. Common sense really :D

We have a concrete base ready and are thinking of putting a metal shed on it,i'm having mixed thoughts about having one yet,as read a few reviews that seem to drag them down,but I do like the look of them and they are cheaper than wood,seen 1 in Argos we like at 299 in two minds wether to get it!

I put my 120"x50" steel shed up last year, I was lucky enough to have an 11'x6' pallet given to me for free so I put it down level on slabs and have to say that i'm happy with it apart from the fact that I filled it in no time!! :(

I think i'll go through it and load up with the lawnmowers and other rammel in there and make a couple of trips to the dump!! :P

It has around 50 screws through the bottom in to the 1" thick planks below it!! :thumbsup:

Cheers, Biggsy :)

Thinking of getting a wooden shed,but not got a lot of money to spend about £300 tops,any one recommend a good one for that price!