"Sutcliffe must spend the rest of his life in Gaol "

The ruling has just been handed down.

He must spend the rest of his natural life in gaol....

Sorted. it's a result:- and a good one.

As I said above, It's a good result, especially for the families of the women he attacked and murdered. Justice has been done. So, sometimes, the Law is not such an ass.

I am pleased that he will not be permitted to see light of day again.

He got 20 life sentences for Murder, and Attempt-Murder (13 for Murder, 7 for attempt)

If he lives another 10 years, he'll have served 40 years. That's still only 2 years each, for every charge he was convicted of. but it's a start.

Couldn't agree more. There was no other result in my eyes. He should never be released, ever.

For once in this soft justice system we have to put up with.....justice has prevailed!

It's the correct decision!

I wonder if the people who complained that he shouldn't be given a tariff will now withdraw that complaint.

I wonder if the people who complained that he shouldn't be given a tariff will now withdraw that complaint.

He has his tarriff, now. Sorted.

(I don't doubt that he's very swiftly going to find something else to mither about, and try to take action over. His soup to hot, perhaps? salad too cold? )

Couldn't agree more. There was no other result in my eyes. He should never be released, ever.

Yes, I agree-it was the procedure that was being followed, the outcome was never in doubt.

Have a nice rest of your life Mr Sutcliffe!

It wasn't warranted anyhow, anyone thats killed that many people shouldnt be released.

It wasn't warranted anyhow, anyone thats killed that many people shouldnt be released.

no argument, there.

One person, killed in the heat of the moment? perhaps the murderer won't pose a danger once released.

Calculated, multiple murders, as per what Sutcliffe did? no release.

no argument, there.

One person, killed in the heat of the moment? perhaps the murderer won't pose a danger once released.

Calculated, multiple murders, as per what Sutcliffe did? no release.

If it was a 'heat of the moment' sort of thing it would probably be manslaughter which is totally different from murder.

There is no 'heat of the moment' murder! It's got the necessary element of 'Mens Rea'....(Guilty mind) and so premeditated!

See Actus Reus & Mens Rea.

Good decision itself, if only the criminal justice system could show it's teeth a little more often.