'Mod for it' DQ:Fitzwilliam Street. Friday 6th August

'mod by numbers' sounds better

i am sure plenty have a great night though. it's just that i thought mod meant being at the sharp end of all things happening. this just looks like a supermarket compliation cd if you know what i mean.

ah well. i don't know why i would be bothered. just an observation really.

have fun folks but remember to dig deeper if you like what you are hearing. hopefully, some of the young guns will return with something more credible in a few years time.

well I constantly have this same debate;

To old lags (presumably) like me and you, hearing for example 'Needle in a Haystack' for the umpteenth time may appear repetitive

but to a young 18 year old hearing this music for the first time this music is exciting and that's who the Mod for it crowd are, young fresh faced and have not yet fallen into cynicism.

These youngsters are coming up to the Dj's and asking who the artistes that they are playing are, it's new to them.

Yes maybe not entirely knowledgeable (yet) but a very nice crowd.

'mod by numbers' sounds better

i am sure plenty have a great night though. it's just that i thought mod meant being at the sharp end of all things happening. this just looks like a supermarket compliation cd if you know what i mean.

ah well. i don't know why i would be bothered. just an observation really.

have fun folks but remember to dig deeper if you like what you are hearing. hopefully, some of the young guns will return with something more credible in a few years time.

Hi Shane

Just thought I would clarify, The track listing on here is supposed to appeal to the masses as it is looked at by a broad spectrum of the Sheffield population.

As a Mod I can assure you that the night also caters for the more astute musical tastes and mixed in with the more commercial stuff you will hear some of the rarest R&B from the early 60's as well as plenty of Northern gems, rare sould from Stax, Chess, Sue etc..alongside the Kinks and Small Faces you will also hear the Birds, The Attack, The Action, The Creation, Yardbirds etc and plenty of real Mod Soul/R&B classics from the 60's Modscene a sprinkling of the lesser known revival stuff and importantly new bands like The Moons, The Sons, The Shoestrung and The Rifles who are new fresh, cutting edge and Mod influenced....So whilst there is a definite commercial side to the night to appeal to people new to the music you can also hear plenty of the lesser known classics...why not get yourself down, you never know you might like it!

and er.....Quadrophenia is on toneet ITV 4...........

wish you well fellas.

20 years ago i would have loved this.

cheers Shane...

Our aim now is to get you to come!

all the best

D