Great sheffield race

Going to try again, doe,s anybody remember the great sheffield race held in millhouses park in the mid seventies and won by express dairies ???

yes i do i was in it.

We entered a team from Freemans mail order and I think we came second. I believe the year was 75 or 76 and it was a lovely day weather wise. Didnt they do another one the following year in Graves Park?

We entered a team from Freemans mail order and I think we came second. I believe the year was 75 or 76 and it was a lovely day weather wise. Didnt they do another one the following year in Graves Park?

hi peter, we won it ( express dairies ) but only after a stewards enquiry,think it was the sportsman ( hackenthorpe ) who came second.Could be wrong i often am,whatever it was a glorious sunny day and the competition was ferocious to say it was only meant to be a family fun day,millhouses was packed and the crowd really got behind there respected teams, went home knackered but it was worth the effort.Brilliant day spent with brilliant people.

yes i do i was in it.

come on piddie who was your team ?

it was pearl street adventure i think as a load of us use to help the play ground.

You are probably right Grandadowl. I do remember Express dairies winning. It was very competitive. I remember carrying planks with people on board. Painful on the shoulders. And climbing up and over that greasy obstacle. Very enjoyable. Good memories. Didnt Peter Price of the council organise them?

You are probably right Grandadowl. I do remember Express dairies winning. It was very competitive. I remember carrying planks with people on board. Painful on the shoulders. And climbing up and over that greasy obstacle. Very enjoyable. Good memories. Didnt Peter Price of the council organise them?

think it was the bike race first and when our lad came in in second place we thought bloody hell we had better try to live up to that,second ( i think ) was the race across the paddling pool, did we carry people on boats or were they on planks or summat ?. Yeah remember the greasy obstacle, just what you needed !!!.Remember all pileing in to the pub after but cant remember coming out lol. Was very late for work the next day as were a few others,we were all milkmen dont forget lol.