Glass bead/jewellery/textiles workshops/courses in Sheffield??

I'm really keen to develop a new skill and am trying to find classes/workshops on how to make glass beads, jewellery or textiles/sewing type things in Sheffield. I'm keen to take part on these courses/workshops relatively soon as I'm expecting a baby in November so would like to start my new hobby before then!!! Any help with good courses or workshops (1 day or over a few days or weeks) would be most appreciated. Thanks

have you had a look at the colleges website?

that might be a starter for 10.

x

I'm really keen to develop a new skill and am trying to find classes/workshops on how to make glass beads, jewellery or textiles/sewing type things in Sheffield. I'm keen to take part on these courses/workshops relatively soon as I'm expecting a baby in November so would like to start my new hobby before then!!! Any help with good courses or workshops (1 day or over a few days or weeks) would be most appreciated. Thanks

You could try Jam Jar Beads in town, it runs workshops in various different crafts. Yvonne the owner is very helpful. I'm holding a workshop there in August to teach a woven seed bead bracelet.

I also run a beading group at Jam Jar Beads (Seven Hills Beading Collective) on alternate Thursday evenings, 6-8pm and our next meeting is tomorrow. The cost is £3.00 to cover room hire, tea and biscuits etc. The members vary in experience from total novices to experienced beaders and we are all happy to offer advice and help in areas we are familiar with. If you fancied some kind of beading you'd be welcome to come along and see what we're doing. You can also buy supplies from the shop whilst the group is running.

I hope this helps you but if you need any further info just give me a shout.

good thinking!

yvonne is lovely and the shop is yummy! she does have a fab selection of materials and is always on hand with tip top advice :)

you could also have a nosy at the craft candy webiste as they run various workshops.

x

hi...there is a beading group that meets at whichcraft on john street, sharrow and they also have a huge variety of craft supplies. I think they meet on a wednesday morning, but you could phone the shop to find out if you want?

I used to do lots of beadmaking but had a baby last year and not had much time or energy since!

I've just joined an artists group called Penine Artists and there are some members of the group who make glass beads and do individual workshops, you can fuse your own glass beads in a kiln - the contact for this is http://www.rachelpoole.com

good luck with the baby!

sarah

you tube has plenty of tutorials on the kind of beadmaking you are after. I dont pay unless you have to lol

Thanks everyone - I'm off on a glass bead making course on Wednesday - yippeee - hope I'm not useless at it!

fantastic - made about 17 beads during the day with different designs and colours. Ordered all the stuff and going to get started myself.

went to Sabine Little in Bolsterstone. Went with my sister and spent from 10 till 4 in her little workshop. Cost £100 each including lunch in the pub across the road. Included lots of demo's and loads and loads of just trying things out.