Ban the Burkha?

france is right to try to ban the burka, as its anti freedom, anti women, anti western, anti peace, anti intergration, anti tolorance, anti multicultralism, anti modern world. those that support it are being tricked into thinking its a freedom of choice issue. its an anti western way of life issue, that gives support to jihadists. we in the uk should say the line has been crossed and it has to stop, by also banning this vile garment.

The garment remains part of a dress code in many countries, but was in decline in yet in many more. Till of course the USA decided to use the motivational power of religion to focus the Islamic world to fighting the Russians in Afganistan.

The burka issue was almost a none issue but the recent conflicts where Muslims are pecieved as being attacked for being Muslim, have served to cause a mini rebellion by young Muslim women wearing the garment to

Make a statement of defiance.

The garment remains part of a dress code in many countries, but was in decline in yet in many more. Till of course the USA decided to use the motivational power of religion to focus the Islamic world to fighting the Russians in Afganistan.

The burka issue was almost a none issue but the recent conflicts where Muslims are pecieved as being attacked for being Muslim, have served to cause a mini rebellion by young Muslim women wearing the garment to

Make a statement of defiance.

and in the real world the real reason is hate for the westen way of life

Symbol of hate? Explain please.

Or do you mean that you see it as a symbol of hate because you hate muslims? Not saying you do, but i can't see any other reason you would say that it is a symbol of hate.

And I'm guessing you missed my edit - it has already been pointed out in france that it will ban masks used by people who for example have bad burns or a disfigurement and wish to cover their face. So whatever you believe you know about the aim, that is not the only item it bans.

its a symbol for the individual wearing it( or the man who made them wear it) of hate towards the western way of life, a total rejection of western values. a symbol of support for jihadists.

It has already been pointed out in France this prevents someone with for example bad burns from covering their face.
Imagine too the consternation when the blushing bride is grabbed from her father's hand and carted away in the back of a Black Maria :hihi:

its a symbol for the individual wearing it( or the man who made them wear it) of hate towards the western way of life, a total rejection of western values. a symbol of support for jihadists.

..based on your opinion, rather than evidence of course.

As well it might be.

Still not a good reason to make it illegal.

I could walk out of my house now with a bright yellow bandana covered in swastikas - its not illegal.

..based on your opinion, rather than evidence of course.

yes in my opinion

however i doubt im alone in my opinion

So should we ban surly teenagers from wearing heavy black make up, body piercings and ripped clothes because they're rejecting 'Western values', whatever they might be?

Imagine too the consternation when the blushing bride is grabbed from her father's hand and carted away in the back of a Black Maria :hihi:

A non white Maria you mean. ;)

As well it might be.

Still not a good reason to make it illegal.

I could walk out of my house now with a bright yellow bandana covered in swastikas - its not illegal.

try shopping in meadowhall

yes in my opinion

however i doubt im alone in my opinion

No of course you're not, and you're reasons may well be proved to be right, but they in themselves are not reason enough to ban something, that's my point.

I dont like the burka, but I dont believe I should exercise my disdain for it by restricting the freedom of other citizens who for whom it's a big turn on.

So should we ban surly teenagers from wearing heavy black make up, body piercings and ripped clothes because they're rejecting 'Western values', whatever they might be?

when they fly jets into thousands of people yes