Bring our Troops home now

the war is none of our business

we should bring our forces home and compensate afghanistan with a few billion pounds, they can then deal with their own problems, all the issues that country face are a result of the mentality and actions of its own people, we cant do a thing about it.

We started the war and therefore it is our business.

Not to be pedantic or anything.....but jets crashing into buildings started the war, we are fighting that war. It may be a good idea or a bad idea, well fought or incompetently fought, but once we have decided on a path I think we should follow it, not run away when the going gets tough.

To quit half way through would be an insult to those that have died.

Not to be pedantic or anything.....but jets crashing into buildings started the war, we are fighting that war. It may be a good idea or a bad idea, well fought or incompetently fought, but once we have decided on a path I think we should follow it, not run away when the going gets tough.

To quit half way through would be an insult to those that have died.

The Afghans didn't crash any Jets and did not start this war, God knows who crashed the jets it was either al qaeda or george bush's boys, we will never know for sure. But we started the war and we must finish it for the sake of the afghan people.

The job needs to be finished!

Totally agree .

The Taliban Terrorists have to be destroyed ,and will be .

I do feel though that a different approach is needed. A heavy duty constant bombing mission is what is needed to destroy every cave , every hiding area and every terrorist hiding in Afghanistan.

Who is we? If you mean the English, then I had nowt to do with it. And I'm English.

Totally agree .

The Taliban Terrorists have to be destroyed ,and will be .

I do feel though that a different approach is needed. A heavy duty constant bombing mission is what is needed to destroy every cave , every hiding area and every terrorist hiding in Afghanistan.

Obviously sarcasm.

The job needs to be finished!

Fair comment ...but the Afghan Army seems to be out of control. Armies are controlled by governments, so perhaps the Afghan government needs a bit of help.

Gordon Brown said they had problems with their governance, perhaps you should send them some of your govern-nonces?

Why not round up all the runners-up from the last election and send them off to help Mr Khazi to run his country? - I'm sure they'd all be really keen to go.;)

I still don't understand how 2 of the most "advanced" elite fighting forces on the planet ( US and British) are being given the run around, and being made to look totally inadequate by a bunch of ragged arsed poppy farmers.

A heavy duty constant bombing mission is what is needed to destroy every cave , every hiding area and every terrorist hiding in Afghanistan.

You really haven't thought that onr through have you BENN?

I still don't understand how 2 of the most "advanced" elite fighting forces on the planet ( US and British) are being given the run around, and being made to look totally inadequate by a bunch of ragged arsed poppy farmers.

Exactly. How come a single nutter can run amok and then 'run away' from a heavily-manned base?

If it was a concerted Al Queda attack, how would they have coped?

Could it be that - like Rothbury - our heavily-armed finest aren't that good after all?

The people our troops are trying to train the Afgans are being shot by them is it not time to call it a day and bring our lads mome

Are you trying to tell me that you didn't expect this to happen? If you think withdrawing is going to make the world a safer place then think again. This kind of trouble has been going on for over a thousand years and it will never end.

Fair comment ...but the Afghan Army seems to be out of control. Armies are controlled by governments, so perhaps the Afghan government needs a bit of help.

Gordon Brown said they had problems with their governance, perhaps you should send them some of your govern-nonces?

Why not round up all the runners-up from the last election and send them off to help Mr Khazi to run his country? - I'm sure they'd all be really keen to go.;)

Isn't Tony Blair the Middle East Peace Envoy ? Maybe he could involve himself more.

Exactly. How come a single nutter can run amok and then 'run away' from a heavily-manned base?

If it was a concerted Al Queda attack, how would they have coped?

Could it be that - like Rothbury - our heavily-armed finest aren't that good after all?

1) Advanced/Elite - the majority are just normal squaddies, boots on the ground, carrying a rifle and backpack doing normal soldiering.

2) It is their territory, the Taleban know the land far better than our forces do.

3) They are often an invisible and elusive enemy that can melt away into the local population, they are not uniformed or as easy to identify as our troops.

4) They use tactics that do not directly confront our forces like IEDs.

5) When they are engaged in fire fights the Taleban do normally come off worse than our lot.