Oughtibridge-nice area?

Hi I currently live in Ranmoor but am looking to move to north sheffield for logistical reasons. I have been thinking about Oughtibridge-just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on whether this was a nice area or not. Obviously Ranmoor is lovely so it's difficult to find something to match up!

Hi,

We moved about a year ago from Oughtibridge to Ranmoor!

We're a couple in our late 20s and found Oughtibridge to be very quiet, with not a lot going on at all, and also unless you were a local we felt a bit left out. It's surrounded by lovely countryside, but I missed having amenities close by that were open at sensible hours. Buses into town are a pain too, though the tram stop at Middlewood isn't too far away.

We moved to Ranmoor and love it here, wouldn't move back to Oughtibridge if someone paid me - even though its closer to where we work!

What a ridiculous thing to say. It's a lovely place: 3 or 4 pubs, a chinese takeaway and a couple of shops. Then there's a nice little park, and the fete/carnival in the Summer. You get out of a place what you put in. It's a lovely suburb of Sheffield: we moved here from Crookes three years ago and have loved every minute of it! A great area for kids to grow up in: a good primary and secondary school nearby. Buses are every 10-20 minutes or so - what a pain! Not as "exclusive" in feel as Ranmoor, though.

I grew up not far from Oughtibridge and spent a bit of time round there with friends who lived there and went to Bradfield school, its a fairly decent area, but I have to 2nd its a bit quite apart from the 3 or 4 pubs, but if like me you like more to do than sink a few pints there is nothing to do and town is a drag in on public transport, ranmoor would be my choice in a heartbeat.

do you mean "quite" like hyacinth bucket in keeping up appearences ?