Sheffield foraging

hi there anyone know of any good places in and around sheffield to go foraging as i want to take my nephew out some time soont o get him into it x

I'd wait until Autumn and go collecting mushrooms and fruit. Loxley Common and Longshaw are great for edible mushrooms, providing you know your tasty from your deadly.

Rivelin and Wyming Brook are great for soft fruits, you could fill a freezer with bilberries if you had a mind to.

I know where you can find sloe bushes for making sloe gin - but I'm not telling cos I'm selfish like that:)

You've just missed the Eldarflowers to make Champagne with, but if you wait until the Autumn, you could make cordial from their berries.

By the cycle path behind Virgin gym there are loads of black berries and a few apple trees, and round where Heely city farm is there are loads of cherry trees full to burst.

Happy scrummping x

There are loads of plum/damson trees by the roadside in between crystal peaks and morrisons killamarsh with fruit begging to be picked. We came away with just over 16lbs of fruit. There are also crab apples on the little road leading down towards Carter Hall Fisheries, at the back of the school in Charnock.

I'm looking for quince and cobnuts, does anyone know where I can go picking?

Thanks

I've a couple of blackberry hedgerows if anyone is interested?

In S66 area of Rotherham.

I'm looking for quince and cobnuts, does anyone know where I can go picking?

Thanks

There used to be cobnuts on The Ponderosa at Netherthorpe, that was 7-8 years ago though so I don't know what state the place is in now. There used to be a community orchard up at the top end near the Oxford St entrances.

While we're on the subject, any advice for the Walkley area?

Plenty of Blackberries around Morley St allotments.

Plenty of Blackberries around Morley St allotments.

Thanks taxman - I've made two lots of blackberry/blackberry and apple jam from round there already :)

Any advice for sloes or similar?