The Christmas Logo Competition is back. See thread in Sheffield Discussions for details ×

Help from all you plumbers out there!!

I have a bit of a dilema. The sink in my bathroom has one of those swivel disks for a plug, yesterday my son washed his hands in sink after he had played in sand pit, now because of all the sand the disk has stuck in the closed position, we have tried everything we can think of including, filling sink with hot water, cold water, banging it, nothing seems to want to shift it, any ideas?

I have a bit of a dilema. The sink in my bathroom has one of those swivel disks for a plug, yesterday my son washed his hands in sink after he had played in sand pit, now because of all the sand the disk has stuck in the closed position, we have tried everything we can think of including, filling sink with hot water, cold water, banging it, nothing seems to want to shift it, any ideas?

Have you tried WD 40?

Have you tried WD 40?

No I haven't good idea thanks for that.

Have you tried WD 40?

Well no luck with WD40 but thanks anyway:(

WD40 and a wrecking bar?

never heard of this one before, given the tight tollerance on this sort of waste it might be best to remove it to work on lest you damage the sink.

I'd remove it cover it with a towel and introduce it to some precussion diy.

Let me know how you go on with this, as these wastes become more popular it may not be the last we see this.

good luck

Go To Tool station and buy a power plunger there about £5 and give it a good go with that

UPDATE

Hooray fixed now:D My husband ended up using a wooden spoon and a hammer, put round part of spoon on disk and gave 2 sharp whacks on other end with hammer, job done, we will know what to do if it happens again.

P.S. My kids have been told never to wash there hands in there again after playing in sand:hihi:

Thanks for all suggestions.