Help! 8ft x 5ft poster, what do I do with it?

My dad managed to get hold of an 8ft x 5ft Michael Jackson "This Is It" poster for my birthday, bless him.

I'd really like it laminating or framing so I can put it up without it getting damaged etc.

Can something this size be laminated? if so, where can I get it done?

I don't know the answer, but my first point of call would be Pinders - 0800 783 5046.

Could easily cost more than the poster, though!

it IS possible to get something that size done. Maps that size can be laminated :thumbsup:

Pinders (as CGK says) is prob your best bet in Sheffield

It's worth it, it's a very special present from a very special person :-)

Thanks!

sheffield hallam printing services? failing that try the framers down the moor... they will probably be able to help you

Try Garnet Dickingson down Wath (bit of a trek) as they have been able to do everything we've ever needed of them.

Thinking about it, as it's Pop Memorabilia, you'd be better getting it framed than laminated as lamination may reduce it's value if you ever want to sell it on.

Have you tried calling 118

If you can't get it laminated as it is you could always cut it up into lots of A4 sized pieces and put it back together on the wall, it would be a shame but at least it would be protected

No luck, it's too big :-(

just a thought and don't know if its worth doing but what about buying 2 huge pieces of perspex sanwiching the poster in it the bolt the corners,

or big rolls of tacky back plastic and covering both sides (might be a nightmare to do without lots of air bubbles though!)