Places to leave a caravan year round in the Peak district?

Does anyone leave their caravan on a site all year round in the Peak district? What are the pro's and cons of doing this? Are sites easy to find? How much do they generally cost?

Ideally I would like to find a site near Bamford/Hathersage/Hope area where I could leave a touring or a static caravan all year, with reasonable public transport nearby to get there. Is this a possibility or am I dreaming castles in the air?

Swallowholme Camping & Caravan Park

Station Road

Bamford

Hope Valley

Derbyshire

S33 0BN

Tel: 01433 650981

This site has seasonal pitches for tourers, although I don't know about vacancies.

New owners have recently taken over the site and have made improvements, so I'm told.

That looks nice but £825 per annum for a seasonal pitch would hurt a little, especially with another £2.50 per night on top for electricity. The station nearby would be great though.

I have a chance of buying a sited caravan near Hathersage which is £300 per year plus £2 per person per night on site. I am dithering because it is a long way up a very steep hill away from any public transport and I don't drive, so I would be dependent on friends running me out there, and would be stuck on the site until they came back for me.

However it is a lot cheaper so that would pay for a fair few taxis. Still dithering.

Swallowholme Camping & Caravan Park

Station Road

Bamford

Hope Valley

Derbyshire

S33 0BN

Tel: 01433 650981

This site has seasonal pitches for tourers, although I don't know about vacancies.

New owners have recently taken over the site and have made improvements, so I'm told.

yes there have been improvements made to it, but am not sure of storage facilities.

That looks nice but £825 per annum for a seasonal pitch would hurt a little, especially with another £2.50 per night on top for electricity. The station nearby would be great though.

I have a chance of buying a sited caravan near Hathersage which is £300 per year plus £2 per person per night on site. I am dithering because it is a long way up a very steep hill away from any public transport and I don't drive, so I would be dependent on friends running me out there, and would be stuck on the site until they came back for me.

However it is a lot cheaper so that would pay for a fair few taxis. Still dithering.

have you tried Laneside at Hope or the site behind the travellers at the junction of Brough

we're looking to relocate our caravan [ current Sheffield storage £330pa ]

into an annual stay on'able site.

can HennyPenny or anyone else give information of reasonable year rates please?

Hi Hennypenny

I know this may not be your ideal but it is another idea for you to consider.

We have an old static caravan in Thornhill next to Bamford and its station.

These two links should tell you all you need to know.

PeakParkCC Caravan

Caravan Pictures

You could have all the benefits of a static caravan in a unique location with no capital outlay or annual fees and maintenance costs!

;)

Edited by MailBottle
changed host server