Bus timetables, your next bus

In many parts of the country they don't have timetables on bus stops at all. In fact, I've never personally seen it anywhere except Sheffield to be honest.

You should probably look a bit harder. I'm surprised to hear there is anywhere without timetables at bus stops; I've caught buses in various places around the country and have never been anywhere without timetables at the bus stops. In fact, in most areas (for example, Derbyshire, or London), the timetables are better than the ones here and list the due times at various other stops along the route.

If you want a cheap and easy way to encourage people to use buses, put up some timetables. The cost must be minimal (some black and white prints and a few day's work twice a year to change them on the bus stops). Providing no information unless people pay is a sure-fire way to cut bus use.

is the 'Your next bus' online 'live' timetable actually just a display from the master timetables? I ask because I got the impression this may be LIVE and reflect delays and stuff, as my master timetable said I had a bus at 2131 last night, but Your next bus said this was 2147....indeed the bus arrived at about 2148 and said he was running late, so I am guessing Your next bus online is actually a very useful tool reflectimg cancellations, late runnings, etc, all in real time.

Anyone know if this is the case? Or was it just concidence becauee before I have had bus late runnings and Your Next bus just reflected the master timetable and that was all.

live times shown in mins are accurate, i can now use tht on my smart phone to tell me when the next bus is coming.. its extremely handy espeically when connecting.

I use this more than a regular timetable as i have all the bus stop numbers that i regularly use bookmarked.

yup the system workes

Is there any connection perhaps between the fact the first buses have just changed a lot of their timetables and such? I'm sure there was changes in July and more planned for September, I always check the timetable online before I leave the house and have seen a few messages regarding changes.

I also agree with the 97/98 never being on time, especially into town...

is the 'Your next bus' online 'live' timetable actually just a display from the master timetables?

I think its more than a display from the timetables, it is the time the bus will arrive. if you write down the bus stop number you can txt before setting off.