Shiregreen tenants get new reinforced door panels to stop break-ins.

Hardly no one wants to live on that estate anymore,
i personally am not keen on the area but have you a link to support your claims?

I live on Shiregreen and insisted on keeping the existing inside back door which has 2 very good locks on it, and I'm very glad now!

Replacing the panel on a door is an easy job. If you go into yellow pages and look for an independent upvc window fitter, he should be able to come round, measure up and quote / install a new more secure panel.

If you have a dog like we have you could consider a double glazed panel in obscure glass. Lets more light in and gives your pampered pooch something to look out on.

Replacing the panel on a door is an easy job. If you go into yellow pages and look for an independent upvc window fitter, he should be able to come round, measure up and quote / install a new more secure panel.

If you have a dog like we have you could consider a double glazed panel in obscure glass. Lets more light in and gives your pampered pooch something to look out on.

The properties that are having the panels replaced belong to a housing association, they are responsible for new doors/windows etc., not the tenants.

How many estates are there in Sheffield ? are they still building them ?

No new council estates have been built in Sheffield for about 40 years! Local governments will never again build monolithic housing estates, instead the preference now is for mixing rented and bought properties, usually with partners like housing associations.

No new council estates have been built in Sheffield for about 40 years! Local governments will never again build monolithic housing estates, instead the preference now is for mixing rented and bought properties, usually with partners like housing associations.

I lived on one that was built in the late 70's

i know of council properties being built to further add to council estates in big numbers in the late 80s

I like the road I am on at Shiregreen, Very quite and only a few houses it is a small road. Everyone keeps themselves to themselves, which I love . Am moving though due to my property not being suitable for the adaptions I need due to disibility.

I am hoping to go chapeltown ,ecclesfield or highgreen area, as I have priority and they are the only areas I want.

Every area has bad points , Shiregreen is no diffrent to the rest.

I lived on one that was built in the late 70's

OK - no large housing estates the size of Parson Cross for instances, since the 70s. I did say about 40 years.;)

The shiregreen slating is getting funny, i lived there 25 years and was never burgled, not even an attempted break in, and the house was in decent enough state with enough on show worth nicking.

Now i hear of shootings, rapes and all sorts of abuse...most of this crap is hearsay and nothing more, i feel much safer walking around in shiregreen than i do burngrave or pitsmoor during the day.

As for sanctuary.....well say you are going to sue them.....they will get on it pretty quick....and their lawyer is a joke :D

The route 47/48 have had problems with the yobbos at the Bellhouse Road shops for ages :(..............smash......... another bus window :mad:

And how long have you lived near the bus stop youre talking about? With location as loxley sweety? Umm, ive lived near that bus stop for nearly 2 years and a BUS window has never been smashed, yes the bus STOP window did get put through twice but that wasnt by the youths, that was some heartbroken slapper whose boyf had cheated on her - with someone who lived at shiregreen and she went around smashed the bus stops up and spray painting VERY rude words around.. umm classy! Dont say things when you have absolutly naff all to back it up with. Come to my house, I lived close enough to that bus stop AND the shops - there isnt trouble on there! Regarding people who are slating this area, well I think you should ALL live on here before judging. It isnt bad. Im 18, own house and I feel safe. I didnt feel safe living around Kelham Island area though! So, stop slating it - til you know it well enough (and no, living here for 2 months 17years ago doesnt count, its changed a hell of alot)

Re; panels. Mine was done some weeks ago now, I do think its stupid to put these in, in the first place but thats sanctuary for you!

Sanctuary housing have turned up this morning to change the panel on my back door.

My best mate told me last night that some kids had kicked the bottom panel out the back door climbing through and taking what that please.

They have also been stanley knifing the bottom panel, As the panels are hollow plastic.

I thought my mate was having a laugh but sanctuary are here and just confirmed it. Anyone else had there doors done???? Or been burgled of lates by kids destroying panel on your back door???

Anyway they have now changed the panel for a reinforced one, so hopefully my home is safer now.

Hi Charlie, how long have you currently had you new back door in? I only ask as i heard about this 2 years ago when we were moved to a decamp house and then one day they came and changed the plastic back then, due to kids kicking them out, so i am amazed they have taken so long to change it. I have also have had serious arguments with sanctuary as 1 day i decided to knock on my back door to be let in, when to my suprise my hand went all the way through the glass window!! They are by law supposed to fit the door with safety glass meaning it should brake like a car window and not long sharp glass spikes! At first they wouldn't repair the window as it was my fault, they said, but when i pointed out that there was no kite marks and that the glass was failing the british safety glass law, they soon came out, but it still took them a week to repair it, there useless.