Birth weights :)

son 8lb - 24 hr labour - gas and air only

daughter - 6lb 6 - no time for anything, labour 1 hr

both 1 day early!

well midwife dint seem to be worried more like me pushing him out lol ive got another scan in a couple of weeks so will have to wait and see i guess and im now being tested for cholestatis so something else to worry about :(

When I was pregnant with my daughter I measured small and my bump was quite compact. The midwives commented on it and were always asking how big my son was to see if he was small too. I got really paranoid that my baby was tiny. She was 10 days late and weighed 7lb 4oz which was below average for a baby that late but by no means tiny or unhealthy. The scan will be a more accurate than the midwife guessing (they can be way out!) so wait and see what that says.

Try not to worry about the pushing out. As long as the baby fits through your pelvis then the labour shouldn't hurt more if the baby is bigger. The actual giving birth part is, in my opinion, not as bad as the contractions.

My first child was 10lb 2.5 oz, born naturally.

My second was 7lb 10oz, induced but born naturally.

My third was 7lb 13oz again induced but born naturally.

I have got to say my first born, even though he was the biggest, was by far the easiest birth!!!

Also with my pregnancies i didn't have the pregnancy diabetes (forgot the proper name, lol) even with my first, he was just naturally big!

They don't honestly know with any certainty how big baby is unless they scan - and they will if they're really concerned.

Baby 1: 1 week early, 10 lb 13 oz (scanned, cs as I am 5ft nothing and he couldn't fit through my pelvis. No gd, btw, just naturally big.)

Baby 2: 1 week early, 6 lb 13 oz. (induced labour, placenta failed, ventouse delivery cos he changed his mind and swam back up)

If I had a penny for every time I've heard the mw's weight estimation was wrong, I'd be very rich.

Hang on in there, and good luck :)

Edited by cosywolf

My first child, 4 days late, was 7lb 13oz when she was born and I had ventouse due to exhautstion and being unable to push any more, thanks to a 36 hour labour from start to finish.

My second child, 5 days late, was 7lb 10oz when she was born, she was natural labour and I was in labour with her for 9 hours from start to finish.

both of mine wer normall deliveries both wer bk to bk to.

1st was 7lb 10 2 wk early had no pain relief as didnt have time during my 8 n half hr delivery

2nd was 8lb 5 2 days late had morphine because i wantd 2 c the difference just slowed me down tbh was a 5 hr delivery

First was 8lb13, one day late, epidural due to back labour, failed vontouse and successful forceps delivery

Second was 8lb14, 8 days late, pethidine and gas and air, then a spinal block as he got stuck and they feared theatre was the only option. Managed with forceps in the end.

Third was 7lb12, 3 weeks early induction due to gestational diabetes, just gas and air

Mine was same as honey's first birth except he was only 6lb 14oz and took 5 days awkward bugger! Took epi cos I was knackered but glad I did with ventouse and forceps after :) But nearly had theatre cos his head got stuck too, but managed to get his head twisted....lee looked fetching in his scrubs and they were well impressed how he had put on one of my socks!!!

My mum had a 8lb baby girl who was the biggest but quickest and least painful, I had a big head and was 6 1/2 lb!!! :hihi:

Big proud hugs to those that had drug free births....I hope I can have one next time :) It must be better! :)

Edited by lauren84

1st one 5lb 12 1 week early and 2nd 5lb15 3 weeks early and i had insulin dependant gd.

ta cosywolf im just getting impatient now lol :)

ds#1 10 days late, induced labour 4hr 32, ventouse delivery 6lb 9oz

ds#2 born at 37+4 induced delivery due to a back injury putting pressure on my spine 5lb 9oz

ds#3 induced at +4 days due to my medical issues 7lb 4oz

its just that ive got gestational diabetes and midwife guessing baby around 6 1/2 lb now at 34 wks

They told my friend her baby would be very big....She was massive when she was pregnant. Midwife said she should expect at least a 9lb baby, and she was born at just 4lb 11oz, one day early.