Around Parson Cross

hi all again!

can anyone tell me something about the area around halliwell close? Is it safe? Facilities?

cheers

matteo

I live just the other side of Wordsworth Avenue. Have been here 9 months and found it pretty much ok. No worse than most areas and a lot better than some. Shops, buses and schools not too far and Hillsbro 10 - 15 mins away. There isn't a lot of through traffic only on Wordsworth Avenue and Southey Green Road. Quite a few parks close by too. There is a very good tenants association over on Halliwell. You should be able to get info about where to contact them at the rent office or town hall. They will be able to give you more detailed info on the area.

Oh just remembered, we just got our neighbourhood commision going so there will be a lot of modernization and improvement work carried out on the houses over the next few years.

8) Nah Den Ace.........

Heaven forbid anyone accusing me of being pedantic.......but surely it's Parson Cross not Parsons Cross!

Also, wasn't there plans to raze the Parson Cross estate and build new homes? They were going to rehouse a lot of people on Netherthorpe and Upperthorpe..........mind you, I heard this about 2 years ago, so it's probably all changed!

Regards,

Spacehopper.

Originally posted by Spacehopper

8) Nah Den Ace.........

Heaven forbid anyone accusing me of being pedantic.......but surely it's Parson Cross not Parsons Cross!

Also, wasn't there plans to raze the Parson Cross estate and build new homes? They were going to rehouse a lot of people on Netherthorpe and Upperthorpe..........mind you, I heard this about 2 years ago, so it's probably all changed!

Regards,

Spacehopper.

Lots of Houses on the Parson Cross estate have been demolished. I noticed one particular road which used to have around 150 houses on now has around a quarter of that amount.

These have been gone sometime, but no sign of any new houses.

Some of the houses are being demolished, others improved. Parson Cross is a very large area. Halliwell is just off Herries road and a lot of people would argue that it is in Southey Green. Cable companies class it as such.