Torres to sign for Chelsea

He'll be like a new signing for Liverpool if he can stay fit, is Hodgson the sort of manager to get the best out of him though, thats another story altogether.

On thinking about it im glad he hasnt gone to the Chelsea as he could end up being another Shevchenko who hardly played.

On thinking about it im glad he hasnt gone to the Chelsea as he could end up being another Shevchenko who hardly played.

Kiddin right?

It would be Drogba that suffered with the lack of playing time. He'd be too busy cleaning Fernando's boots!

He'll be like a new signing for Liverpool if he can stay fit, is Hodgson the sort of manager to get the best out of him though, thats another story altogether.

Course you are sunshine

Kiddin right?

It would be Drogba that suffered with the lack of playing time. He'd be too busy cleaning Fernando's boots!

Fernando is forever injured, if he doesn't sort his fitness out he will become a promising player who never really fulfilled his potential type.

Course you are sunshine

Im not doubting the fellas ability, however he can't stay fit for a decent amount of games, which makes him a "risk signing", especially at the money quoted.

Fernando is forever injured, if he doesn't sort his fitness out he will become a promising player who never really fulfilled his potential type.

He's probably got a sore back brought on by carrying the rest of the Liverpool team for the last 2 seasons.

Im not doubting the fellas ability, however he can't stay fit for a decent amount of games, which makes him a "risk signing", especially at the money quoted.

Now I'm not 100% sure on this but I've a feeling that if you check the stats (cos I can't be arsed), D Drogba may just have been injured as much, if not more than Torres has over the last 2 - 3 season's! I bet I'm not far wrong ;)

Torres is not what you would call 'injury prone'. In his first season at Liverpool and his whole career at Atletico before that, he was relatively injury free. These last two past seasons has been more of a case of him being rushed back too quickly from an initial injury resulting in him picking up frequent little niggling injuries. Plus the fact the guy hasn't had a break (holiday) away from football in over 3 years what with the Euro's, Confed's and the World Cup. That sort of program would take it's toll on most players if we're honest.

He's probably got a sore back brought on by carrying the rest of the Liverpool team for the last 2 seasons.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Don't quit your day job :rolleyes:

Now I'm not 100% sure on this but I've a feeling that if you check the stats (cos I can't be arsed), D Drogba may just have been injured as much, if not more than Torres has over the last 2 - 3 season's! I bet I'm not far wrong ;)

Torres is not what you would call 'injury prone'. In his first season at Liverpool and his whole career at Atletico before that, he was relatively injury free. These last two past seasons has been more of a case of him being rushed back too quickly from an initial injury resulting in him picking up frequent little niggling injuries. Plus the fact the guy hasn't had a break (holiday) away from football in over 3 years what with the Euro's, Confed's and the World Cup. That sort of program would take it's toll on most players if we're honest.

If it is the case that Drogba has been out as much as Torres it shows how good Drogba is scoring all the goals he has, one thing Drogba seems to be good at is recovering from injuries quick unlike Torres who seems to be out months at a time.

Torres is under pressure m8, hes not done that much really in the last couple of years as you have even mentioned.

If it is the case that Drogba has been out as much as Torres it shows how good Drogba is scoring all the goals he has, one thing Drogba seems to be good at is recovering from injuries quick unlike Torres who seems to be out months at a time.

Torres is under pressure m8, hes not done that much really in the last couple of years as you have even mentioned.

Aww bless...

Premier League Games Only

Torres Stats - (Past 3 Seasons)

2009 - 2010 Apps - 22 Gls - 18

2008 - 2009 Apps - 24 Gls - 14

2007 - 2008 Apps - 33 Gls - 24

Total Appearances - 79

Total Goals - 56

Drogba Stats - (Past 3 Seasons)

2009 - 2010 Apps - 31 Gls - 29

2008 - 2009 Apps - 15 Gls - 5

2007 - 2008 Apps - 17 Gls - 8

Total Appearances - 63

Total Goals - 42

Not done much? Torres hasn't done much?

Unless the above stats are wrong (which they are not), Torres has been injured LESS than Drogba over the past three seasons and has also out-scored him.

In 2007-08 Torres hit a total of 33 goals including 24 in the league to overtake Ruud van Nistelrooy to become the most prolific foreigner ever in a debut season in England.

Torres then topped off an incredible season by helping Spain to Euro 2008 glory in Austria and Switzerland. It was he who scored the winner in the final against Germany.

A series of hamstring injuries disrupted 2008-09, though a haul of 17 goals from 38 appearances (all comps) aided Liverpool's best title charge since 1990.

Torres spent a large part of the summer that followed in South Africa, where an awesome 11-minute hat-trick against New Zealand saw Spain through to the Confederations Cup semi-finals.

He returned to England hoping to help the Reds finally collect the Premier League trophy - but it would prove a troublesome year for both player and club.

Injuries to our leading marksman undoubtedly contributed to a disappointing seventh-place finish in the league, though Torres still tallied 22 goals from 32 games in between two knee operations.

The guy hasn't had a break from football due to International Competition and Club Competition since he first arrived at Anfield! No bloody wonder he is having some injury problems :huh: Yet still his goalscoring record is second to none in terms of goals/games ratio.

Torres hasn't done much you say :hihi: I ask ya :rolleyes:

Edited by LFCMadPaul

£70m would in fact come in really handy for strengthening other areas of the team and if Torres stays, well we retain one of the world's best strikers. Pro's and con's for both scenarios to be honest!

Andy Carroll lmao pal :hihi:

KARMA !!!!