Azaad's - New kashmiri restaurant = verdict!

I have tried it now - such is the power of this forum!

I've no complaints about the food - I thought it was nicely done and good value for money.

The place is so dingy and depressing though isn't it? And when I went on a saturday night there was only one other table with 4 people in there. It was like being in a morgue.

I think it's a shame because the guy who I assume to be the owner seems a really nice guy - very helpful and friendly and I do wish him all the best.

I might consider it for a takeaway but I don't think I'd want to dine in particularly.

Food wise I'm afraid it's not in the same league as Akbar's but I didn't expect it to be.

I think, take it for what it is - a very good value restaurant serving decent Indian food.

I have tried it now - such is the power of this forum!

I've no complaints about the food - I thought it was nicely done and good value for money.

The place is so dingy and depressing though isn't it? And when I went on a saturday night there was only one other table with 4 people in there. It was like being in a morgue.

I think it's a shame because the guy who I assume to be the owner seems a really nice guy - very helpful and friendly and I do wish him all the best.

I might consider it for a takeaway but I don't think I'd want to dine in particularly.

Food wise I'm afraid it's not in the same league as Akbar's but I didn't expect it to be.

I think, take it for what it is - a very good value restaurant serving decent Indian food.

By looking at your posts I can't help but think you are from a rival restaurant.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Where exactly is Azaad? Am also up for a foodie meet if anyone interested?

Somehow Azaads has gone under my radar. I'll rectify that sometime this week :) Thanks for the head-up everyone!

Where exactly is Azaad? Am also up for a foodie meet if anyone interested?

It's near Macro, just off the Parkway

Just a quick one if someone can clear it up - is it Pakistani Kashmiri or Indian Kashmiri??

I'm looking for a nice Indian Kashmiri restaurant, I don't mind going as far as say Bradford / Huddersfield as I'll be in that region next week but any suggestions are more than welcome!!

Just a quick one if someone can clear it up - is it Pakistani Kashmiri or Indian Kashmiri??

I'm looking for a nice Indian Kashmiri restaurant, I don't mind going as far as say Bradford / Huddersfield as I'll be in that region next week but any suggestions are more than welcome!!

TBH I'm not sure, but if the website doesn't clear it up for ya, a quick call to them would ;) ... he won't bite LOL

Angi

Well instead of going to my local (Mangla) for a takeaway I decided to give Azaad’s a try and I wasn't disappointed - The food is first class! As was the service. I also really like the decor of the restaurant. I'll defiantly go back for a sit-down meal. Thanks again for bringing this restaurant to my attention.

Has anyone been to Azaads recently? Wanted to book a table and the website is dead, and so is the phone number. I know, it doesn't sound good <deep sigh>

Has anyone been to Azaads recently? Wanted to book a table and the website is dead, and so is the phone number. I know, it doesn't sound good <deep sigh>

Its a shame, but when I went in for a meeting about getting them on the site it was a Thursday or Friday at 8pm and there was one customer there. They relied on their takeaway trade which was probably the wrong choice.

Lovely people, the food was fantastic, but the location was a hinderance.

Shame if they have gone under.

By looking at your posts I can't help but think you are from a rival restaurant.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Only just saw this Greavsy - sorry it's taken me 4 months to respond! Anyhow, I'm afraid you are wrong. I have nothing to do at all with anything to do with restaurants or the catering trade.

I'm actually self-employed now, but for years I've worked in large international commercial organisations. My work has taken me all over the globe and I've been lucky enough to eat in some of the best places. "Entertaining" has been a big part of my job and when you are entertaining professional clients they expect to go to the best places and they usually know where those are.

And the best places aren't always the most expensive, posh places either. For example, when I worked here in Sheffield, many years a favourite of many of my clients was Mangla on Spital Hill. I rarely go there myself - (I don't like that part of town) but I can appreciate that it is well liked by a lot of people.

I'd put Azaad's place in the same sort of bracket, roughly, as Mangla. It's not a particularly attractive place to sit inside and it's not in a nice area either but the food isn't expensive and it's decent. For me to want to go back again the food would have to be stunning really.

It depends on your reference points as to what you think of a particular restaurant. It would be mad to compare Pizza Hut with La Gavroche in London for example. So, I try and take that into account when I'm commenting on a place.

Azaad's was ok - nice, even. Compared to "similar" types of place it is pretty decent as I've said. No complaints. But I wouldn't rush back. It wasn't an outstandingly good experience as some here believe it to be. And for them it maybe is? Fair enough.

My daughter says it looks like the signs have been taken down, they were planning to go for valentines...looks like it may have closed....

Jayne