Azaad's - New kashmiri restaurant = verdict!

Hey people! Well not so long ago i put a post out, to see if anyone tried the new restaurant opened, - Azaad’s on Woodbourne road, darnall. But now1’s replied. So i thought what the heck, lets give it a try!

Me and the missus always eager to try new curry places and to be honest places in Sheffield don’t blow me away! We normally travel to places like mumtaz and akbars in Bradford, or the other akbars in Rotherham...but to be honest, even then I think I’m paying more for the service and the actual enjoyment of the food!:)

We’ve tried mangla on spital hill, not so long ago, which was good, agrars, good service, but to be honest the food wasn’t that great, although our family friends seemed to enjoy it...but I guess I’m hard to please!

Rite...so back to Azaad’s, so me and other half went down last Thursday, first view... very welcoming place, everything looks nice and cosy, we had a choice of ordering off the menu or choose for the buffet option...since we were too spoilt for choice, we ended up opting for the buffet option. We got a sizzling mix grill for starters, and there was a large selection from the buffet, e.g lamb bhuna, veg curry, ch biryani, channa masalaa, naans etc etc.

After trying their food, honestly it felt like I was eating at home! I’ve been to a lot of “kashmiri Indian” style restaurants hoping for the actually kashmiri home cooked style food, and after so many flops! I now can say have found the place! Everything was spot on from the service to the food. Just to top it all off we had the ice- managed to meet the man who owns the place – mohammad azaad, very nice chap, who calls himself the expert in kashmiri food! And after tasting his food, thumbs up to him!

When it came to the bill, it came to something around £18! So price wasn’t an issue at all!

We definitely will be visiting this place again! And Any of you curry lovers! Give this place a try. :)

Ohh, good review, sounds great.

Can we have a foodie meet there? STAGEY!!! get your organising head on, dude!

Sounds good Adam, Is it where Kamaal use to be?

Are the Buffet dishes meat on the bone? Do you know what days are buffet days?

Might give this place a try.

Yes jase it's the old khamaal thanks Adam I will give it a try

hey people!

as its close to me, i went back there again today for a business lunch with a few work colleages....they were serving the buffet £5 per head! its cheaper in day than night. food again was top notch!

i asked the owner , and yes it used to be a place called "kamaals" before.

and i did ask about their website, and they said that it will be up soon, but they said they were on google maps

found the link for you... (which i cant seem to post)

put if you type in AZAADS -SHEFFIELD. it comes up straight away

they serve buffet every day 11am till 11pm and you have also the option to order off menu. and i think theyre shut around 3-5pm for preparation time.

im liking this foodie meet idea, maybe we could try other new places too! im always up for trying to new places :-)

adam

Is it run by any relation of the Azad takeaway that ran in Banner Cross till three years ago? They did amazing quality food at bargain prices, but then the ******* owner went and retired depriving us of his fantastic food. It's now a crap Chinese takeaway. Talking to the owner he had been there 25 years, but he didn't look retirement age. Maybe that Indian food keeps you young and youthful.

hey alistair, i did ask azad about his past restaurants and takeaways, and he owns the indian chef franchise. the closest one to us will be indian chef in dinnington, sheffield.

hes been in the business for around 40 years, so he defo knows how to cook his curry! the main thing i like about his food, is that he puts the home cooking feeling into it! it takesaway the fast food takeaway rushed taste you have to indian currys today (hope you get what i mean lol, rubbish at explaining stuff)

adam

hey people! im thinking of booking at table for a group meeting... whos in??

hey people! im thinking of booking at table for a group meeting... whos in??

I'd be up for it. I love a nice curry!

The Hubby and me first went to Azaads last Saturday evening. We were a little put off at first, when we walked in, we was the only ones in there, always worrying when your the only ones there, but it has only been open 7 weeks,and he hadn't done much advertising to be fair. When the food came, it was, we thought, of outstanding quality, infact, the best curry we've had.....and we have had some currys in our time. In fact, it was that good, we went back last night with our 13 and 16 yr old daughters, same again, well impressed, our girls really enjoyed it. Last night, we had, for starter.....a BIG sizzling pan of:- Chicken Tikka,Tandoori Chicken,and chicken Kebab(Sausage type) with the pickle tray, Vegetable curry, Mango chicken, Ginger Lamb and another chicken dish, Pilau rice x 2,3 Roti Breads with 4 diet cokes and the bill only came to £46....Outstanding Value for absolutely gaaaawjus food. This place will definately be one of our regular eating places. Azaad is the guy who owns the place and he is very welcoming and friendly and the waiter, who is very young, is very good. The restaurant is not licensed, but you can take your own alcohol and there is no corkage charge. Try the place, we couldn't fault a thing!!!

Does this place still do the buffet every night of the week? How much is it per head?