Fishing in Hillsborough Park

it was really good years ago, ive had carp to 5 and 6 pound and tench to 4 and ive seen pike in there on the top in the summer, also ive been told off lads night fishing theres carp to 17 pound! corn used to be the best bait and maggots for roach etc

jim

it was really good years ago, ive had carp to 5 and 6 pound and tench to 4 and ive seen pike in there on the top in the summer, also ive been told off lads night fishing theres carp to 17 pound! corn used to be the best bait and maggots for roach etc

jim

I have never seen pike in there,has anyone else?

I have seen a carp weighed at 22lbs,and the guy who caught it reckons there is one about 28lbs seen but not caught.This was a couple of years back.

They same bloke weighed a tench for me at 4lbs and about 45mins later he cayght one at 5.5lbs.

22 sounds good 28 sounds even better :-) iv 2 mates that have seen pike too think this spring il go down there for a bit of carping

Don't no if you lot have been down to the park lately, the other week when it was red hot, I took Lil one round to feed the ducks, and their in front of my eyes was at least 6lb ghost carp on top feeding on the loose bread as I got closer to take a pic it swam to the far right corner under the tree thinking of giving it a go, does anyone know if it's free are where I can get a day ticket from?

It's free to fish mate, have to pay to park though.

Let us know how you get on