Fishing in Hillsborough Park

is there actually any decent size fish in there? i always see plenty of men and woman fishing but never actually see anybody catch anything?

Dont know about decent size fish, but there's defo fish in there :D

I saw one caught last sunday which was about 8 inches

Yes loads of fish in there. If you know how to fish you will catch every cast, not big big but not bad. Mainly roach and pike, not seen any carp. Hope that helps.

Yes loads of fish in there. If you know how to fish you will catch every cast, not big big but not bad. Mainly roach and pike, not seen any carp. Hope that helps.

No pike in HP,roach, perch, tench, carp and allegedly chub.No one has ever caught every cast,another fisherman lie.As has been mentioned in other threads Environment agency are advising not to fish due to blue/green algae.

Pike:loopy: deffo not

Not pike, i ment perch sorry. But yes you can catch every cast as me and a mate have done nuff times. Never seen carp in there, not sayin there is none just not seen any.

how can there be fish in there, i didnt think there would be any room, not with all the junk in there!

Not pike, i ment perch sorry. But yes you can catch every cast as me and a mate have done nuff times. Never seen carp in there, not sayin there is none just not seen any.

The term 'catch every cast' don't really explain a lot JayNTray,

as the time period between casting out, getting a bite and hooking

a fish could vary from seconds to minutes or even hours.

And I'm not talking about Pike or Carp fishing with the aid bite alarms,

that's a different kettle of fish.

m&p

ive fished hp many times.there are carp and tench. you cant cach every cast they need feeding alot.go and try it.

once you have it baited up you can pull them out every few mins. as soon as you drop in. not in to lazyman fishing with the bite alarms an stuff

No pike in HP,roach, perch, tench, carp and allegedly chub.No one has ever caught every cast,another fisherman lie.As has been mentioned in other threads Environment agency are advising not to fish due to blue/green algae.
i have caught every cast ,i have a regular friendly match there with my son he catches on most casts as well ,the secret is to ....and when the float dips let it go outof sight before striking ,never fails ;)

Environment agency are advising not to fish due to blue/green algae.

yes we walk the dog in the park and have seen these signs up too. I drove my uncle here a couple of months ago, dropped him off and took my auntie shopping round hillsborough and in the couple hours we were gone he didn't catch anything.