Woodseats Festival Sunday 11th July 2010

Just to remind everyone that the annual Woodseats Festival is happening next week. Take a look at the website to see what's going to be going on ....

http://www.woodseatsfestival.org.uk/

The Festival also has its own Facebook Page!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Woodseats-Festival/10150106840685447

I'm selling raffle tickets from the shop ... fabulous prizes, and only 50p each! Please call in and buy some, they need all the support they can get to help in the organising and running of the Festival, and putting on the events.

Edited by rubydazzler
add another link

ooooh cant wait. are the business open on sunday the 11th .. thankyou

Just a heads up! The Literary Evening where local writers read extracts from their own work is being held tonight at the church on Holmhirst Rd. Starts at 7.30.

If it's as good as last year, will be excellent entertainment.

Woodseats meets the West End. Again at the Church on Holmhirst Rd, songs from the shows, on Thursday night. Check out 'Curtain Up' on the links on the OP.

The Literary Evening was great! Laughter, tears, nostalgia in equal measure, even better than last year I thought.

Loads of other events going on at various venues around the arena, from Punch and Judy to First Aid Courses. There are quizzes and chess and football tournaments. I'm just posting about the ones that interest me most :)

Woodseats meets the West End was greatttttt! What a varied selection of singers and songs! And all free!

Tomorrow night is a World Cup quiz in the Chantry .. not sure what else is on. Check out the links in my OP

Massive amount of things going on on Saturday, craft fair, art exhibition, circus workshop and the finals of the footie tournament! And watch out for the Pantomime Horse trotting up and down on Woodseats as well. He'll do a little dance for you, if you ask nicely :D

Edited by rubydazzler

A reminder that there's a craft fayre and an art exhibition at the Church Hall on Holmhurst Road tomorrow. And a table top sale at the Double Six Youth Club, Scarsdale Rd.

Then a car boot at Abbey Lane School on Sunday morning followed by the Grand Parade along Woodseats to Woodseats School and the Family Funday in the School Yard.

Looks like it's going to be a dry and sunny weekend, so it should be just perfick!

What songs did they sing, Ruby?

What songs did they sing, Ruby?
There were lots and lots, I've slept several times since then, and you expect me to remember? You should have been there ... although my highlight was a solo of Marilyn Monroe from Blood Brothers. :)

Bah. I did want to go. Did they do anything from Wicked?

Don't forget, it's the Woodseats Festival today. Come see us at Woodseats Primary. We'll have buckets of great things on sale for kids (and big kids, too!)

Just come back from the Festival, all over for another year! Thanks to all the organisers. The parade was great, the school yard was full of lots of different stalls and a small funfair for the littlies. Tried to buy stuff from as many stalls as I could with my bag of change as everyone always seems to be in need of change at these events.

Had a surreal experience at the secondhand bookstall, though. Picked out two books, agreed on £3 for them, counted out 20p pieces, got to £2.60, stallholder says "don't you have any pound coins?" I say "No sorry, only got 20s left" He says "I don't need all that change. Let's not bother" hands me back my money and puts the books back! :hihi:

Dind't see anyone that could have been you, Karis? Where was your stall?

Book... Mine was right by the entrance! Would have been ace to put names to faces!