Police response to burglary

What an exceptional waste of police resources. Did the house belong to a copper?:suspect:

No it didn't, but it isn't a waste of resources either. Units that aren't otherwise engaged and are in the area will respond to a call and if they surround a house have a far better chance of catching the scum bags who are doing the blag. As a couple of yobs can be responsible for 90% of the crime in an area and catching them can almost eliminate crime altogether. That's why the police do it. Its called protecting the public.

I'd love to do that, but unfortunately it was Hampshire constabulary

Well I'm not interested then!! :hihi:

Did they catch them????

They didn't unfortunately but a police officer came ten minutes after I called them and the scenes of crime officer came half an hour later. I received a couple of visits from a community officer the following week and have also had a couple of phone calls from a officer at Attercliffe police station, SYP haven't caught the culprit/culprits but they've been very supportive and thorough in attempting to do so.

South Yorkshire police were brilliant 18/ 20 months ago when some scroate(s) attempted to burgle my home.

Fortunately, because yappy Jack Russells can be very yappy indeed, when Madam Trixie started her yapping, it scared them off. The little "expletives deleteds" only got my living room window open, and got no further, thankfully.

However, they sent a SOCO, and tried to get prints/ DNA /other evidence but sadly found none. :( I would have liked to have seen the scroate(s) caught, and would have delighted in watching them having their backsides kicked from one end of my street to the other. (not that I condone corporal punishment)

No it didn't, but it isn't a waste of resources either. Units that aren't otherwise engaged and are in the area will respond to a call and if they surround a house have a far better chance of catching the scum bags who are doing the blag. As a couple of yobs can be responsible for 90% of the crime in an area and catching them can almost eliminate crime altogether. That's why the police do it. Its called protecting the public.

Yeah.....whatever.:roll:

I got a similar sort of treatment when I was burgled. But I had one major gripe. The police rang up at 7am a few days later to ask how I felt after the burglary. I know it was part of their victim support crap but 7am!!!!. :loopy:

It's not your fault.

Correct - its not his fault , its the fault of the thieving filth who think its ok rob what they want.

Sadly if they are caught ,the punishment handed out by the courts will the usual soft pathetic sentence . The scum who robbed the OP would be better dealt with on a "community " level - a more appropriate punishment can be served then .

I'd love to do that, but unfortunately it was Hampshire constabulary

Crackin response :hihi:

Sadly if they are caught ,the punishment handed out by the courts will the usual soft pathetic sentence . The scum who robbed the OP would be better dealt with on a "community " level - a more appropriate punishment can be served then .

Dwelling house burglars invariably receive prison sentences:

"First Time

Panel "For a domestic burglary displaying most of the features of the standard domestic burglary [see paragraph 17] above (theft of electrical goods and/or personal items, damage caused by the break-in, some turmoil in the house and some trauma to the victim), but committed by a first-time domestic burglar, the starting point should be a custodial sentence of 9 months"

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/burglery_dwelling/

Well the scenes of crime officer came round - she was very friendly, explained everything well and managed to get a footprint (she reckons it's a K-swiss footprint - amazed she could tell just by looking at it). Apparently, there was someone burgled near us in exactly the same fashion a few days ago - including them throwing clothing outside (apparently they most likely picked it up on their way out to rub off fingerprints on the door handle).

Thanks for the support, and good to see a positive thread about the police :)

They didn't unfortunately but a police officer came ten minutes after I called them and the scenes of crime officer came half an hour later. I received a couple of visits from a community officer the following week and have also had a couple of phone calls from a officer at Attercliffe police station, SYP haven't caught the culprit/culprits but they've been very supportive and thorough in attempting to do so.

So how can you describe that as fantastic?

They sent a social worker and thats good? Police work does seem to have changed in recent years,it used to be about trying to catch criminals now sweet talking you :(

I hate it when people say that! You should NOT expect to get burgled under any circumstances.

You should if you work for Goldman Sachs. In fact it would be the least you deserve.

Edited by TeaFan