Who is the greatest male standup comedian?

Who is your favourite Male Stand up  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite Male Stand up

• Lee Evans
    • Roy 'Chubby' Brown
    • Eddie Murphy
    • Richard Pryor
    • Jerry Seinfeld
    • Martin Lawrence
    • Chris Rock
    • Mike Reid
    • Bernard Manning
    • Other... please specify

I think Lee evans is brill, cant wait to see him in october at the arena....:D

My Fav's

Dave Chappelle (show)

Bill Hicks

Eddie Izzard

Richard Pryor

Dave Allen

Eddie Muphy (back in the day!)

and

Paul Merton

Originally posted by LesMcQueen

Bill Hicks

Sam Kinison

Richard Pryor

sam kinson was sooo funny was he the one who looked like meatloaf and used to scream top bloke:)

Originally posted by spyro2000

Just for the record, I didnt put the people in the poll because I particularly liked them, I just couldnt think of other people at the time, but as this thread shows there a way too many to list.

My personal favourites in order are:

Richard Pryor (The grandaddy of comedy)

Eddie Murphy

Lee Evans

Martin Lawrence

Mike Reid

Chris Rock

richard pryor is one of my faves i got quite a few cds of his most stuff i couldnt repeat on here but the have your ass home by 11 is very funny indeed:thumbsup:

Originally posted by peter41

I picked Lee Evans.

Didn't Norman Wisdom have his act 40 years earlier?

Peter Kay - Very funny comedy actor / writer, but you need more than one routine on stage, and I've heard 'big light' and 'spitting' a few too many times for it to be funny obsdervational humour.

Eddie Izzard, Comedy genius but he once utterly bored the pants off me at one gig, so it couldn't be him.

There isn't really any single person who could take such a title as it depends on lots of personal / individual preferences.

Richard Pryor is well deserved to be on that list, but not a single one of the others IMO, especially Eddie Murphy who just ripped off RP's act. Chris Rock? Puurrrleese! :roll:

Hmm, now here's a good one to think about going on the list though - Tommy Cooper.

Originally posted by Tony

Didn't Norman Wisdom have his act 40 years earlier?

Peter Kay - Very funny comedy actor / writer, but you need more than one routine on stage, and I've heard 'big light' and 'spitting' a few too many times for it to be funny obsdervational humour.

Eddie Izzard, Comedy genius but he once utterly bored the pants off me at one gig, so it couldn't be him.

There isn't really any single person who could take such a title as it depends on lots of personal / individual preferences.

Richard Pryor is well deserved to be on that list, but not a single one of the others IMO, especially Eddie Murphy who just ripped off RP's act. Chris Rock? Puurrrleese! :roll:

Hmm, now here's a good one to think about going on the list though - Tommy Cooper.

Peter Kay is very funny, I wouldnt rate him as a top comedian though, well not for standup anyway

Eddie Izzard - I cant say that ive seen much of him so I cant comment.

Tommy cooper - Not my cup of tea, but I can certainly see why people like him (if that makes any sense).

Richard Pryor - Always been my favourite. As for the comparison with Eddie Murphy, I think their styles are quite different, yes there are a few similairities, but I wouldnt go as far as saying Eddie ripped Pryor off, more that Eddie got his inspiration from Richard Pryor and moulded his own routine around this.

Peter Kay without a doubt,and Lee Evans been to see him twice ..very funny, also love Steve Coogan a.k.a. Alan Partridge :D :D :D :D ha ha

As a stand up comedian, I think Jay Leno takes some beating. I am not sure many people in the UK know of him though, unless they have cable TV

Originally posted by LordChaverly

As a stand up comedian, I think Jay Leno takes some beating. I am not sure many people in the UK know of him though, unless they have cable TV

Aint he that guy with the flat face that does a show a bit like the David Letterman show? If so then yeah hs pretty good.

Another of the Bill Hicks minority here.

Utter, utter genius.

Wilf