Press/Publicity Contacts to Promote Charity Work

Looking for contacts at Sheffield/local press or publications to promote our charity.

Does anyone have any details or work for the local press?

Thanks

A lot of charities could really use some publicity. One a block away from me just shut down this month. Just hoping ours won't be next:(

If anyone out there can help those of us who want to help others, a post here would be appreciated by many people!

I am pretty sure that if you just contact the Sheffield Star Newsdesk they will take your call and pass it on. I used to work for the Sheffield star and they are always looking for news particularly for good things in the area!

Otherwise I know of a lady called Faye who has lots of contacts as she works as a PR consultant but you would probably have to pay, but it would be worth giving her a call and putting your charity to her, she might be able to help or at least point you in the right direction. Her website is http://www.keepyourfork.co.uk/ - contact details on there. Tell her Matt Lollar sent you.

isn't there some kind of action desk or something at radio sheffield were they have the info about charities and help with appeals, or did i imagine that?

what is your charity anyway, what do you do?

If it is something really unique/interesting/really struggling why not just ring radio sheffield and see if there are any chances of going on and talking about what you do, liek on rony robinsons show or something like that?

What charities are they? I work with charities from time to time on fund raising events if you email me some information about the charity i might be able to help. My email address is :- [email protected]

Cheers

Natz

Thanks everyone for your help so far.

Just wondering if anyone works for or knows anyone who works for The Star, Telegraph or another local paper? Finding it difficult in getting a response from people to publicise are charity and events.

Thanks!

If you visit Event Sheffield they allow you to post free events on their website..all free but definitely good publicity for your charity, also heard that they were included in Sheffield's Top Brands

Looking for contacts at Sheffield/local press or publications to promote our charity.

Does anyone have any details or work for the local press?

Thanks

What charity is it?

Thanks everyone for your help so far.

Just wondering if anyone works for or knows anyone who works for The Star, Telegraph or another local paper? Finding it difficult in getting a response from people to publicise are charity and events.

Thanks!

Give them a call and find out which reporter deals with Charities.

Douglas J - it's the Steel City Hercuelans (working for Cancer Research UK).

Think I am going to call, as emails are getting me nowhere!

Hi,

Most newspapers and free papers are always looking for articles for publication. Try writing a short article about what your charity does and email it to all your local papers.

Good luck.

Glenn