Carwood Rd area Pitsmoor.

He used to keep them on the cricket field ( kept the grass down), the grey one bit me right on the chin.I lived on Carwood Terrace,and once went to the market on his horse (brown one) and dray,don't think I'd like to do that in todays traffic. Could you be thinking about Bramalls melting shop, it was always catching fire, usually it was the auxillary fire brigade (green fire engines) that attended.The factory built just behind the Cresent on Petre St was a fabrication shop, think it was Crossleys, could be wrong. You must have known Malcolm Shepherd,or his older brother, maybe Dave Simmonite.

I used to hang around with some of the crescent kids as a lad. Don't think Malc Shepherd had an older brother. A sister called Sylvia yes, and I think their mothers name was 'Emmie'? who used to work with my mother and Mike Kitson's and a few more mothers at Kirk's cutlers.

my mother growup round pitsmoor and her aunt and uncle were roy and elsie who ran the shop on round of peter strret and carwood rd do any one hav any pictures of peter street as i cant find any online i can just remember goin to their shop

---------- Post added 01-01-2015 at 14:57 ----------

We lived in the corner yard of Carwood and Petre St where the butchers was from 65 to 70, our next door neighbour was Mrs Lillis, the family on the otherside of the passage was called Wilson [Allan] he married the daughter of a coalman who lived on Canada St, but I don't know whether Allan came from that area.

The Hallcar was a good watering hole in those days, I met a couple here in Oz who lived around the corner from us called Sheila and Dennis, but I didn't know them there, although I used to see him in the Corner Pin when we both worked at Firth Browns.

The family who lived at the bottom house on Carwood took over the corner shop opposite them, and their eldest son neil married and stayed in the family house, can't remember their surname.

Roy and Elsie owned the shop on the corner of Canada St at the time the house blew up on there, there eldest daughter and husband have lived 10 mins from us for the last 30 years.

Does this bring back memories ?

PetreSt.jpg

roy and elsie were my great aunt and uncle on my mums side can just remember goin to their shop as i small child so u have lived round corner from pauline ?

Hi Kay, Pauline & Brian live 15 minutes from us in sunny Oz, you will find plenty of photo's of the area on pictureSheffield.com just type in Petre St or Carwood Road when you get into the site. there is a picture of Roy and Elsie's old shop on there.

pauline is my mums cousin please hello to her from glynis rimmington ( nee wildbore )