River near millhouses

hi i just got some fly tackle and was wondering if anybody could tell me how i get on the river next to millhouses park i will be getting the bus there and i useally go into the park at the cricket pitch entrance do i need to walk to the end of the park near beauchief hotel any help will be greatfull thanx

Edited by owls1867

hi i just got some fly tackle and was wondering if anybody could tell me how i get on the river next to millhouses park i will be getting the bus there and i useally go into the park at the cricket pitch entrance do i need to walk to the end of the park near beauchief hotel any help will be greatfull thanx

I'm not sure what you want to know exactly. I would have thought the bit by the cricket pitch and under the bridge would have more water than further up river.

i mean the river across the rail way tracks not the one in the park

Edited by owls1867

I don't think there is a river on the other side of the railway tracks.

If you want to try fly fishing go to Barlow ponds.

To be honest with you mate I think you will be wasting your time down Millhouses.

The best stretch I know down there is behind Sainsbury's.

there's only the river Sheaf why would there be 2 rivers in one valley

is the river sheaf near millhouses its just somebody told me to go on river near millhouses park next to railway on twenty well lane or summat the person has just told me where the pond is at the end of millhouses park the train tracks run at the side of it and at other side of train tracs is th river i want to kno how to get on to the river

Edited by owls1867

walk threw the woods at the bottom of twenty well lane no good flyfishing thou too many trees and nettles guarenteed to get in a tangle!

or u could walk down the back of beachief golf house into the part of the river behind their.

It never occured to me that the river crossed the track. I've just found it on Google Earth. it crosses at the back of abbeydale industrial hamlet and comes back just before Twentywell lane. Sorry otherway round it runs west to east.

has anyone actually caught any trout in this stretch?

There's quite a long discussion about fly fishing on the Don and it's tributaries here (in particular, the Sheaf):

http://www.flyforums.co.uk/trout-grayling-fishing/60034-urban-river-don-sheffield.html#post643972

I saw someone fishing in the Sheaf by Broadfield Road the other day and on sunny days you can often see a lot of trout in the shallows.

a

There's a fishing lake with stages just behind the Industrial Hamlet. The 97/98 buses will get you there.