Sodium chlorate weedkiller in bulk amounts-where from?

My daughter was told the same, but i went for some premixed stuff and lo and behold Crystal Peaks had it on the top shelf. I usd to buy it in small tubs and mix it up prior to this but they are no longer available.

Why do you need massive quantities

Nowhere in my posts have I said I need massive quantities. What is a massive quantity-a tonne? ten tonne or a sack? In my opening post I suggested that it would make sense to buy a sack.

If you read post No.6 I have explained that it works out expensive to buy small packs. The 10kg drums that WILLMAN mentions as being available will be enough for my needs. (I’ve not seen these in Wilkos as yet). However, as the environmental issues have been brought to my attention, I am open to suggestions of alternative brands/makes that will do the job equally well. Sodium Chlorate is a total weed killer.

I haven't been able to get hold of it either. It was that good it would stay in the ground for ages or it would end up on the compost pile stay there and when it got put back out as compost it would kill everything off.

It is also as stated not good for waterways etc.

The next best thing is round up it can be bought in 5ltrs and mixed to what ever strength you want. It will kill off anything but does take a week or two to start acting as it travels through the wwed and kills the root 5ltrs are about £70+vat

You can buy similar stuff without the wetting agent cheaper.

Why would you want such a strong weed killer in bulk anyway, what terrible weeds have you got:o

Why would you want such a strong weed killer in bulk anyway, what terrible weeds have you got:o

Hello-I’ve already explained the bulk issue.:loopy:

Terrible weeds? No I don’t think I have terrible weeds either (what is a terrible weed?). I do have a large garden. I do have brambles and woody wild growths to deal with (that’s not me with the woody wild growths-that’s stuff in the garden).

Thanks "Numero Uno"-i may look in to the "Round -up" if its better for the environment and does the job equally well. :thumbsup:

Terrible weed...............

knot weed

horse tail etc etc

Thanks "Numero Uno"-i may look in to the "Round -up" if its better for the environment and does the job equally well. :thumbsup:

It's a mix of paraquat and glyphosate I think. None of them are good for the environment though, as that would defeat the point somewhat.

Excuse me, but 'bulk' kind of implies large amounts. I can understand some people's confusion. Also, if you use these kinds of weedkillers, then it will be a good while before you will be able to replant the area with things you do want to grow there, so will have a wasteland for awhile. Round up is a brand of the giant Monsanto which is trying to corner the market on GM crops, weed killers and fertilisers, not to mention seeds, while attempting to control farmers' actions on their own land. It is a disgusting company which also invented Agent orange, the defoliant used extensively in the Vietnam war and caused so much death and devastation in that country.

If you still want to line their pockets, go ahead and use Roundup.

Terrible weeds? No I don’t think I have terrible weeds either (what is a terrible weed?). I do have a large garden. I do have brambles and woody wild growths to deal with (that’s not me with the woody wild growths-that’s stuff in the garden).

mate you sound well suspicious to me. Buy small bags otherwise you might have a knock on the door from the police

ooohhh, look at this .... Chikita Weed Killer

New alternative to sodium chlorate, long lasting residual weed control

This is the ad at the bottom of this thread. This site is just too clever. :)

I bet it's not in powder form though, it's all gel these days. Just not lethal enough, I tell thee!

how did you go? i could do with some VERY STRONG weed killer, roundup thats available is not the same as farmers and the local council has . Theres is commercial roundup .

Wilkos no longer sell the stuff you mentioned , i did buy some from abroad germany i think but was megga expensive