Mike shane and the chevrolets

hi all

as a new member and being my first post i apologise if posted in the wrong area

this 60s band was a sheffield group and the bass guitarist was also my father.

would anyone have any casettes or any audio of them if so please post and let me no.

our family have just been given an old photo album and its fantastic but i would like it if some one could take us further and and get any audio.

cheers all

jay phipps

Hello jay p ........I think you might fair better in History & Ex Pats......where people like to chat about days gone by.......so I'm moving your thread to there, OK :)

many thanks

jay p

Gday Jay, punch the name in the search forums, they have been mentioned on here before, I knew Mike S [Roy] quite well, and they were a very good band in their time, no one did the Orbison songs like they did.

My big sister used to follow the group all over back in the day. Being a lot younger I thought they were really famous!

My brother in law was the drummer...but no audio in the family I'm afraid

Baz

Hi Jay

I was young but wathced them a lot they were pals of my mum and dad. Very good group, no tapes or anything though sorry!

In fact I used to babysit your sister C. Better not mention peopel by names they may not like it, but I can remeber you parents really well and ya mums sister J

Take care x

Sorry about my spelling I just typed away without checking before submitting

My Wife and Myself followed Mike & Chevs in the 1960's and again when they reformed in 1970's and early 1980's. We helped manage them upto Roy's voice going in around 1981. We was waiting at the Dial House to set up there equipment when the Club entertainment manager came and told us about Roy's voice.

There was Roy Hawksworth Singer, Ron Cutler Rhythm Guitar and vocals, Stuart Fieldhouse Drummer, of the originals, and Steve Stainton Organ and Bass and Jimmy Simpson lead Guitar.I believe Roy's brother Ron played guitar and vocals in the originals and a guitarist who used to stick his finger in his ear when he was harmonizing. We cannot remember this name. We had some fantastic times and could tell many stories about them. Unfortunately, Stuart passed away.

We do have a treasured tape of them which we taped on an old tape recorder at the Attercliffe Non Pots and although it is not great, we still like it.

The last I heard of Roy and his wife Myra, the were living in Norfolk. We gave Hundred's of photo,s away then had all which we had saved pinched when moving house.

Edited by WelshSheffy
Remember a bit more

hi all

as a new member and being my first post i apologise if posted in the wrong area

this 60s band was a sheffield group and the bass guitarist was also my father.

would anyone have any casettes or any audio of them if so please post and let me no.

our family have just been given an old photo album and its fantastic but i would like it if some one could take us further and and get any audio.

cheers all

jay phipps

Loved the band. Always went to see them if we knew that they were on. They gave us a lift in the back of the van one night as I lived in Grimesthorpe and Roy and his wife were living on Whiteways at the time.

Hi Jay Phipps we lived next door to your parents at stannington in the maisonettes in 1965 your dad was the bass guitarist with the group they had an old ambulance to get around when the group packed up your dad worked at fletchers when i was thare i left fletchers and went to work on the buses your dad johnnie then came and worked on the buses i cannot for the life of me remember your mums name forgive me

---------- Post added 19-02-2013 at 18:42 ----------

i remember going to your nans on parson x with your dad

My Brother in Law was the drummer, Stuart Fieldhouse, he died about 3 years ago. He was seriously injured in an accident at work which almost took his arm off, but the doctors managed to save it, he waited years for his compensation, and that was his downfall, he began to drink VERY heavily and died because of it. He loved his time with the Chevrolets. RIP Stuart.

Baz