Hamster on the loose

ok i have a very fat very nasty hamster on the loose,about 2 weeks ago my darling 2 yr old let out all 3 hamsters, 2 of which i got back aas there friendly,but this big fat thing you cant touch and is nasty with people there for has been on the run for 2 weeks, i honestly thougt hed be dead by now either got out of house or as i have a free range ferret he would have eaten him, the problem is i have now chucked away his cage as i though all hope was lost so if i do find him ill be needing a home for hm if anybody is used to nasty hammys

right but anyway sat on comp tonight and after 2 weeks what abslutly makes me poo my pants but this bloody hamster i thought it was a bleeding rat and need hit it(good job i dident)anyway so tried to catch him and he ran off into bathroom, only to find where hes made his home for last 2 weeks, unfortuantly its in the box type thing around the pipes for the toilet, how he hell do i get him out does anybody know i was considering phoning rspca for an insector to come help me as he does bite theyll have hat they need please help anybody now i know where he is and he s alive i cant leave him tos tarve to death or worse the ferret catch him

1) Block every possible nook n cranny other than one way out of his 'home'

2) Set a big nice smelling trap for him at the bottom of a bucket or large glass jar etc. I reckon banana would work quite well. Put it near his new home and check it as regularly as possible. He's probably hungry so I reckon you'll catch him quickly. Just need to make sure the wall of the bucket/jar is steep enough that he can't get back out again.

Oh and just for the record my first hammy escapee also picked the toilet sistern foam padding as her temporary home...strange eh? lol.

my hamster escaped when i was young he was missing for about a year and then i found him in my bath of all places. when i have had other hamsters escape food traps are the best. have you got an exercise ball you could put dry food in? hammy will come to eat it and make a noice which will tell you he is there.

hi all unfortunatly the hammy came to a sticky end this morning the ferret got him and killed him in a second god it was scary, tried tot ake him off him and hes ran away with it and gone and hidden hm somewhere, now dreading going downstairs i have no idea where the body is

oh dear - shame you couldnt have kept frankie away until you had caught the hamster although I am surprised tha he hadnt caught it before now :(

oh dear - shame you couldnt have kept frankie away until you had caught the hamster although I am surprised tha he hadnt caught it before now :(

me 2 but i couldent have caged frankie for 2 weeks can you imagine hed go crazy lol

did you find where your ferret pt the body?

did you find where your ferret pt the body?

yes in the dogs bed lol

poor hammy, you really don't have much luck with pet's do you, they do tend to end up dead.

poor hammy, you really don't have much luck with pet's do you, they do tend to end up dead.

???no they dont most have been old age

I told you Frankie had evil tendencies it's in his eyes :lol:.