City Centre Ambassadors/Security are Unhelpful

City Centre Security/Ambassadors?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. City Centre Security/Ambassadors?

• DISGRACEFUL
    • HELPFUL

It's quasi law enforcement, the sort that a school teacher might apply to their students.

I don't think they should be involved in intervening between groups of fighting youths or investigating who might be in the wrong.

The OP didn't describe fighting, he did describe anti social behaviour though.

they are always at the butty van on The Moor....

Wish i worked their hours ;)

The OP didn't describe fighting, he did describe anti social behaviour though.

I think it would be unfair to expect CCA's to make strategic decisions about what constitutes anti social behaviour and what might be a threat to their own safety. A group of at least 25 people engaged in an argument and threatening behaviour is probably beyond their remit. Call the police, and observe the main protagonists would be my advice.

this turned into a major argument with the group of random kids and myself this then escalated into them starting to try fighting with the people i was sat with as i was sat with 4 girls and there was around 20 of these kids i decided to step in and try to sort the situtaion out again as one of the males involved in the argument started to threaten all the females with "kicking thier <removed> heads in"

country is a joke man. dont be argumentative they are there to provide support insted they are just argagent powerless police officers!

They're *what*?????

You know, 'argagent'! :-)

What Yog said. Argagent. Whatever that means...

Its a gent that owns an ARGA

They're *what*?????

Sheffield benefits from their presence. Other cities such as Bradford would feel safer with something similar.

You can complain to the Council - pop into Howden House

Yesterday i was layed on the grass around devonshire green skatepark with a couple of friends when all of a sudden a group of angry horrible mouthy and very rude set of 14 too 18 year old emo kids all started to been very abusive towards myself and my friends i thought i would go and try and calm the situation down by going over and talking too them insted this turned into a major argument with the group of random kids and myself this then escalated into them starting to try fighting with the people i was sat with as i was sat with 4 girls and there was around 20 of these kids i decided to step in and try to sort the situtaion out again as one of the males involved in the argument started to threaten all the females with "kicking thier <removed> heads in" all the time this was going on there were a city centre ambassador around 10 feet away doing absolutly nothing apart from laughing at the situation, i find this disgraceful and very frightening that someone who is ment to keep our city secure was doing nothing to help calm the situtation. ive been going down to devonshire green for around 9 years skateboarding and over the last 3 years these "ambassadors" have got more and more jokes for a job. A few people i know have video footage of one of them taking alcohol off one set of people on the grass and then handing it over too the alcoholics and the local group of people who sit there causing trouble.

I would like to make a formal complain about these "security" but i cant find anywhere that would deal with my complaint i am wondering if anyone else has any idea of where to contact someone about this, i would also like to hear other peoples views on this.

Complain to town hall or DEL as they are in charge of the ambassadors DEL city centre manager

a waste of money to be honest we have cctv so whats the point for them usually there in groups around the winter gardens

You can complain to the Council - pop into Howden House

And there's a fairly new Post Office just across the road - just down from the Ha Ha bar. :P