City Centre Ambassadors/Security are Unhelpful

City Centre Security/Ambassadors?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. City Centre Security/Ambassadors?

• DISGRACEFUL
    • HELPFUL

the whole contry been a joke bit is figure of speech the whole contry is not acctually a joke but city centre tits are in sheff as they dont do anything. and this is what im getting at they do nothing ive watched them stand there while little kids get mugged for the mobile and then say ... well there was no risk involved so you will have to inform the police yourselves...with what that guy just robbed my phone... ahh there is a pay phone at top of the hill.... that is the **** im talking about there is no need for it at all why employee them to sit at dev green all day when they have nothing to do apart from tell the people who are there for a reason that they are in the wrong.

No, it' not a figure of speech:- (from what I can decipher from your mostly unintelligible post)

you have categorically declared the country to be a joke as a result of one incident, in a park, in Sheffield.

The ambassadors were correct in saying report the crime yourself. If you were the victim of a crime, would you expect the person in the next street to make the complaint?

No, YOU need to report the crime. If MY purse is stolen, it's not the responsibility of my next door neighbour to report it. (unless she was a witness, and saw the person who stole it, and I didn't, perhaps)

im at work and cant access the councils website for some reason. as i work closely with the council in anti social behaviour groups around south yorkshire i would really like an outcome which makes them able to have a back bone when it comes to been fair.

No problem, I found the link in 5 seconds, using Google. Please let us know what the outcome is of your dialogue with them ;)

;):D isn't Google marvellous?? :D:)

im at work and cant access the councils website for some reason. as i work closely with the council in anti social behaviour groups around south yorkshire i would really like an outcome which makes them able to have a back bone when it comes to been fair.

Neither the Ambassadors nor the PCSO's have powers of arrest. what particular backbone would you like to have transplanted into them?

A pay-grade worthy of endangerment, and them putting themselves on the line, like the mainstream police officers do?

Where would the extra monies come from to pay for this?

Who would bestow these powers onto these officers?

Who would persuade them that self-endangerment is good idea?

editing to add..

If you work with anti-social behaviour groups as you claim. then you should be familiar with the limits of the powers that the Ambassadors and PCSO's have.

You, surely, will also have knowledge of how to deal with someone intimidating you with anti social behaviour?

Edited by Plain Talker

The city centre ambassadors are not security.

They are cheap alternatives to police / security designed to look like security.

But really they are nothing but eyes and ears of the council, they will call the police and can ask you to move along, they also will give you advise etc... directions in the city centre.

They are not regulated by the SECURITY INDUSTRY AUTHORITY (SIA).

Personally I think they are a waste of tax payers money, but I have not had any dealings with them.

Yeah the Ambassadors are brilliant aren't they and such good value for money. Especially when I see them policing the area around Cafe Nero at 8am when there is hardly anyone about.

It makes me feel so much safer when I go to buy my Latte!

Eyes and ears my bottom!

im at work and cant access the councils website for some reason. as i work closely with the council

Your work involves the council, but you're not allowed access to their website? What twisted logic your company has.

To be honest PT, the only time I've ever had any dialogue with any of them they were perfectly friendly and helpful.

They might be a luxury we can do without, but doesn't mean they're universally crap at what they're supposed to do.

Agreed. Nice enough people, but their remit isn't particularly broad and they really are a luxury - I would trade all of the ambassadors for a single police officer walking the beat...

incidentally, I would guess the nearest post office would now be the one in the Co-op

When my niece missed her transport home to North Yorkshire after a night out the night time Ambassadors helped her after the police and the Rail Station staff refused. I live and work in the City centre and am very pleased to have them about, particualrly at night. They are unfailingly courteous[and helpful and i for one think it would be a retrograde step if they were removed.QUOTE=fox20thc;6409939]incidentally, I would guess the nearest post office would now be the one in the Co-op

"Safer your..." what? You are talking out of it, chuck...

they do a brilliant job.

It doesn't sound like it if the reports on this thread are to be believed.

Neither the Ambassadors nor the PCSO's have powers of arrest. what particular backbone would you like to have transplanted into them?

Everyone has the power of arrest. The police have additional powers and protection from some of the problems that making an arrest and being in the wrong can cause.